News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

Nay for ghost dragon. I'm with Chrono.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Duskling

I'll say nay as well, as a dragon would seem out of place, so a ghost dragon would be even worse off.

ArtDrake

A shadowling ghost would be fearsome indeed -- but let's not go there on All Hallow's Eve.

tomcia369

How about these then?

Ravinale Crusader
Health: 40
Speed: 5
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 7), Double Strike (Range: 1, Damage: 10)

Iron Golem
Health: 45
Speed: 2
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Earthquake (Range: Omnidirectional, Damage: 13)

bugfartboy

3x3 square? Why not just call it omnidirectional? Otherwise the golem would hurt itself. And how would such earthquake occur?

Ravinale Crusader sounds a little iffy. I'm warm you that some people take this very seriously and will find several if not many flaws with it. *cough* *gag* im2smart4u *cough* *hack*.

tomcia369

The golem would simply hit the ground hard enough to make it shake and hurt everyone nearby, except himself.

SmartyPants

Quote from: tomcia369 on November 01, 2010, 07:14:16 AMRavinale Crusader
I don't see the need when we already have the Ravinale Swordsman and Ravinale Myrmidon. I do like the enemy's name.

Quote from: tomcia369 on November 01, 2010, 07:14:16 AMIron Golem
Health: 45
Speed: 2
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 10), Earthquake (Range: Omnidirectional, Damage: 13)
Earthquake? Really?  This isn't pokemon.

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 01, 2010, 07:37:47 AM*cough* *gag* im2smart4u *cough* *hack*.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but all of your many attempts at humor have failed.  If you are not funny, then don't try to be funny.

MikeW781

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 01, 2010, 07:37:47 AM
*cough* *gag* im2smart4u *cough* *hack*.
Honestly Buggy, please stop being an ass to him. So you don't like him. Grow up, and deal with it. No need to try to start something EVERY time you post in this thread. He's already shown he's more mature than you by not rising to the bait, and I'm sick of seing this.

Also, I do not like either of those ideas. They aren't bad, but their only issue is that they are too similar to existing characters. Especially the Ravinale Crusader, which is essentially the Swordsman on Brutal. Double Strike may be a new attack to use for an enemy, but its just a more powerful Melee.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

It seems that most people are suggesting enemies that either: don't fit the Telepath universe or are just clones of previous enemies. I think if we are to suggest any new enemy: maybe we can experiment with different weapons and combinations of Psy Power/Melee Attacks. What I mean is have enemies with different weapons (with different ranges) or have enemies that mix the line between Psy and Melee. As for Weapon ideas: Scythes, Hammers, Clubs , and Quarterstaffs etc.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on November 01, 2010, 10:32:07 AM
Quote from: tomcia369 on November 01, 2010, 07:14:16 AMRavinale Crusader
I don't see the need when we already have the Ravinale Swordsman and Ravinale Myrmidon. I do like the enemy's name.

Ravinale Crusader, huh? That's a pretty ironic name right there.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 01, 2010, 05:20:32 PMAs for Weapon ideas: Scythes, Hammers, Clubs , and Quarterstaffs etc.
The Scythe needs to remain unique to Zem the Reaper.  The Club and Quaretstaff are boring for just being pieces of wood.  The Hammer would work.

Honestly, I think we covered every necessary enemy (and many unnecessary enemies).  You can keep suggesting, but I don't think we need more enemies.  I also want to point out that of all the formulations, Craig has only showed interest in one attack and one enemy.

ArtDrake

Ravinale Ram:

Health: 30
PsP: N/A
Speed: 1
Attacks: Melee (Damage: 6), Ram (Damage: 16, Range: 2) (Relocates to 1 square forward, like Leap, but 1)
This enemy carries a large ram, and as such is rather slow. However, don't underestimate its power; it's not fun to get hit by one, and if you aren't careful, the Ravinale Ram could be the last enemy seen by a weakened unit. Keep this one cornered to keep its full potential under control.

(If possible, would be preferable if this enemy could not turn and ram on the same move, so that the effect of "ramming" might be preserved. However, as this would be difficult to program given the apparent inflexibility of Craig's game engine (no offense meant), this would probably be best left out as a feature)

SmartyPants

What is the point of a Ram?  Are we going to have a Wall or Door class teammate?

Duskling

No, just as a more powerful enemy.

ArtDrake

@im2smart4u

No. Don't be ridiculous. We are not going to have a "Wall" or "Door" class teammate any more than we will have "Small Furry Critter" teammate when facing scorpions, not would we have a "Tree" teammate if there were to be an enemy with a battleaxe.

The point of the Ram is that it is a useful tool for dealing with people that don't want to open their door in the middle of the night for the Cult to be dragged away to a dungeon somewhere. It just so happens that Rams could be useful if the occupants of said house (or cellar, as the case may be) have swords, bows, knives, Psy control, shields, spears, and fire breath, and retaliate.