News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Arizona's Immigration Enforcement Bill

Started by SmartyPants, April 23, 2010, 04:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Well sure, things change, but they don't just change for no reason--not that dramatically. When Lyndon Johnson got the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed through Congress, he did so over the objections of a few conservative southern Democrats and a unified Republican opposition. In 1968, Richard Nixon took advantage of the backlash among southern whites with what came to be called the Southern Strategy. Black voters noticed. So they came to support Democratic candidates overwhelmingly.

Alienating Hispanic voters isn't a wise move for the GOP, IMHO.

SmartyPants

If upholding the law alienates Hispanic voters, then I am ok with it.  It is immoral to allow people to break the law to win votes.  Some Democrats want to go a step further and reward lawbreakers with citizenship to win votes.

SmartyPants

The Obama administration is using tax payer dollars to sue the state of Arizona for their leftist ideology.  They claim the lawsuit is to withhold the Constitution and to prevent racial profiling, but they released a statement that proves otherwise.
Quote from: Tracy Schmaler, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Eric H. HolderThere is a big difference between a state or locality saying they are not going to use their resources to enforce a federal law, as so-called sanctuary cities have done, and a state passing its own immigration policy that actively interferes with federal law
The Obama administration doesn't want the 'rule of law' enforced at all.  They are unwilling to enforce federal law and they don't want Arizona or anyone else enforceing the federal law either. 

Read for yourself

The Holy namelesskitty

I think that this law lis a load of bull( pardon my french) it means that they can stop you if you look mexican, and yhat is an extreme human rights violation not no mentionn that is supports racist tendencies if this law were any worse it would make the klukluxklan the government.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

If you read the law, then you would know that the law forbids racial profiling even though the Supreme Court says racial profilling is a tool that law enforcement is allowed to use.  The law doesn't give cops the power to pull over people because of the way they look.  They can only pull a person over for a driving violation.  How is deporting illegal immigrants a civil right violation?

The Holy namelesskitty

it's not, but profiling people based on looks is a right violation. Potentially, they could find loopholes to profile anybody swarthy.

SmartyPants

Quote from: namelesskitty on July 29, 2010, 04:46:33 PM
it's not, but profiling people based on looks is a right violation. Potentially, they could find loopholes to profile anybody swarthy.
Even without this bill, a cop can pull someone over because of their race.  With or without this law, there will be raciest in this country.  When someone is pulled over and they show thier license, then there is nothing new the cop can do under this law.  There isn't any civil right violations.  The opponents of the bill don't want the federal law enforced by anyone and they use "civil rights" as a pretext to prevent deportations.

The Holy namelesskitty

I would agree, but this also gives pretext for cops to pull people over even more, and actually, it lessens the amount of actual fairness in the way of deportation.

SmartyPants

Cops profile teenagers all the time.  When I get pulled over, they look for signs of drugs and when they don't see any, then I leave.  It is not a big deal to be pulled over unless you are breaking the law.

What does "it lessens the amount of actual fairness in the way of deportation" mean?

The Holy namelesskitty

You, leave? Are you looking for drugs? :D

But really there is a loophole in which, a citizen who is swarthy and has no ID with them could be detained and in extreme cases arrested and sentenced to an unfair sentence, even in in the case of a first offense as opposed to being sent to traffic court.

SmartyPants

No, I am not looking for drugs.  I just fit the profile.

You are already required to have a license to drive.  If not, they run your name through the system.  If your name isn't in the system, then they make a call to ICE.  After all that, how many Americans do you think will be deported?  My guess is none.

The Holy namelesskitty

Possibly, but there have been mixups in the system, I was oficcially dead for three weeks for absolutely no reason except that somebody with a similar name died.

SmartyPants

Quote from: namelesskitty on July 31, 2010, 08:42:52 AM
Possibly, but there have been mixups in the system, I was oficcially dead for three weeks for absolutely no reason except that somebody with a similar name died.
So we shouldn't arrest anyone, because there is a very small chance an arrest warrant might have the same name as you?  If you speak in hypotheticals, then anything can happen.  The basis of your argument is faulty at best.

The Holy namelesskitty

may be, but I know people who have had similar experiences, it seems to be a common occurrence.

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on August 02, 2010, 07:31:13 PM
may be, but I know people who have had similar experiences, it seems to be a common occurrence.
You really think cops shouldn't enfoce the law, because there is an extremely small chance that an errow could occur.