News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Who is this?

Started by MikeW781, August 19, 2010, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the new character?

Dead Leader of the Black Rose
10 (50%)
Duvalier's Father
0 (0%)
Ghost Bandit
0 (0%)
Tomb Raider
0 (0%)
Fizooz
0 (0%)
Priest of Yawah
0 (0%)
Random Ghost
2 (10%)
Yawah
0 (0%)
Ghost Boss of Crypt 3
0 (0%)
Darime
0 (0%)
Rajav
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 20

KZ

I doubt it is Fife, as Fife was supposed to be a merchant who lived in a house infested by rodents- quite worse than the "storage shed" HQ these days- hence it's unlikely that such a "refined" individual would reside in such a house nor would a merchant likely to have such a finesse, methinks.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

Mmm... we don't know if this spirit is found in Baz's basement...
Nevertheless, I agree that the spirit looks like being high class.
In my opinion, if the Order of the Black Rose is a well known and successful organization, I assume that they have a good money income. In that case, it is possible that the leaders may become wealthy enough to have a façade life as one of the members of the high class in Ravinale.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Idozen Cair

Darime. Rahel describes him as being funny, warm, and things like that, not a very stern person who justs barks out commands. But I think he looks too sinister for Darime, but I think Darime's the best choice.
I doesn't care, do I?

cyso

For some odd reason, he sort of reminds me of Ali the Incorrigible. Maybe it's the sinister grin.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Idozen Cair

I don't understand what got the people to think that he would be the dead leader of Black Rose.
I doesn't care, do I?

ArtDrake

HeadShot

Probbaly the Dead Leader of the Order of the Black Rose.
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

SmartyPants

Really? The guy who looks like a sophisticated romantic was the head of an order of ruthless assassins? Really?

Duskling

That could be the point, assassins are supposed to pretend to be people they're not, even if it means changing their personalities, looks like the Black Rose leader could've actually convinced himself he was a sophisticated romantic, hmm?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on January 17, 2011, 10:59:43 PMThat could be the point, assassins are supposed to pretend to be people they're not, even if it means changing their personalities, looks like the Black Rose leader could've actually convinced himself he was a sophisticated romantic, hmm?
Clearly "changing personalities" in is not the style of the Black Rose.  Arman, Al'al, and Duvalier never used stealth or disguises to kill their enemies.  All the Black Rose assassins relied on their speed and skill with a knife to dispatch thier enemies.

How do you not see the huge stretch in logic?  Because the spirit holds a rose, he must be the dead leader of the Order of the Black Rose, since everyone knows that all assassins like to carry roses to identity themselves as assassins.  ::)

Idozen Cair

Quote from: im2smart4u on January 17, 2011, 11:29:33 PM
Quote from: Duskling on January 17, 2011, 10:59:43 PMThat could be the point, assassins are supposed to pretend to be people they're not, even if it means changing their personalities, looks like the Black Rose leader could've actually convinced himself he was a sophisticated romantic, hmm?
Clearly "changing personalities" in is not the style of the Black Rose.  Arman, Al'al, and Duvalier never used stealth or disguises to kill their enemies.  All the Black Rose assassins relied on their speed and skill with a knife to dispatch thier enemies.

How do you not see the huge stretch in logic?  Because the spirit holds a rose, he must be the dead leader of the Order of the Black Rose, since everyone knows that all assassins like to carry roses to identity themselves as assassins.  ::)
Hm. I second that. You said exactly what I wanted to say, im2smart4u. Being the dead leader of the Black rose just beacuse he's holding a rose is just....just... ridiculous!
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

That being said, he must be a ghost bandit. :P I think he's Yawah. I see some sense in it.

MikeW781

Quote from: The Grotesquery on January 18, 2011, 12:36:05 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on January 17, 2011, 11:29:33 PM
Clearly "changing personalities" in is not the style of the Black Rose.  Arman, Al'al, and Duvalier never used stealth or disguises to kill their enemies.  All the Black Rose assassins relied on their speed and skill with a knife to dispatch thier enemies.

How do you not see the huge stretch in logic?  Because the spirit holds a rose, he must be the dead leader of the Order of the Black Rose, since everyone knows that all assassins like to carry roses to identity themselves as assassins.  ::)
Hm. I second that. You said exactly what I wanted to say, im2smart4u. Being the dead leader of the Black rose just beacuse he's holding a rose is just....just... ridiculous!
I was actually picturing it as a possibility because one would not expect the head of the order to look like a criminal. I was picturing a very wealthy man who employs assassins would have a sophisticated look about him, even though his assassins would undoubtably look like questionable figures. And yes, the rose is a big part of it, but it does make sense. Besides, why else would somebody be holding a rose in hand? The name of the Order is the only reference to any flower in the game.

As a PS- I don't agree with the idea; I just wanted to point out that it wasn't as silly as you two made it out to be.

Quote from: MikeW781 on September 01, 2010, 05:04:15 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on September 01, 2010, 12:45:23 PM
Why is the world is everyone thinking that it is the dead leader of the Black Rose?  Is the ghost holding a knife or wearing a cloak?
I agree. The dead leader of the black rose makes no sense.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on January 18, 2011, 01:24:47 PMI was actually picturing it as a possibility because one would not expect the head of the order to look like a criminal. I was picturing a very wealthy man who employs assassins would have a sophisticated look about him, even though his assassins would undoubtably look like questionable figures. And yes, the rose is a big part of it, but it does make sense.
So, your reasoning is that the portrait looks so unlike an assassin leader that it must be the leader of the Order of the Black Rose? That is silly reasoning.

Cygnus doesn't look anything like a shadowling, so no one would expect him to be a shadowling. That means he must be a shadowling.

MikeW781

No, my reason was that while assassins have a rugged appearance, their employer might not.
Like, a mob boss looks like a business man, but his thugs look like thugs.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!