News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The new GUI

Started by KZ, February 19, 2010, 10:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presentiment

I've pondered a multi-player idea ever since I found TRPG2 a couple years ago, but I have no idea how its going to be adaptive. It will probably turn out like Colony; e.g., there are certain strategies that are the most efficient, and everyone will use them and the game won't be fun, not to mention CE5.5.

Zackirus

Quote from: Zhampir on March 25, 2010, 09:12:37 PM
Well never mind then, lol.
but, if, for instance, you make another game but free (or hosted online, perhaps some sort of multi-player edition) that it would be a neat idea?

I agree, can't you make a mutli player game, that is like Psy Arena 2 but instead you battle against people from around the world, with that, we could have a Telepath Tourney! I think it would be fun because we all seem to like different starigies then each other and it could work.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

the point of my post was not to suggest another game, but to suggest a new gfx splash effect in the loading screen.

Frosty

It would be better for TRPG2's duel mode.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Steelfist

I like the artwork, it gives the game a finished appearance, as well as making it look more professional. Also, the simple artwork and GUI that the other telepath games used were appropriate for a free online game (No offence, they were still great games) whereas the new artwork makes the appear more like a game you might download or buy. Which, possibly, is the point. There are a few problems with it (as KZ mentioned), but I think it's a good idea.

Tastidian

I agree with KZ on the text thing but all the others seems fine to me. Craig I think you should make a full screen for the game otherwise players have to zoom their screen like I always do. For all the people who want to know how to zoom you can press Ctrl(Control) and + or - if you have google chrome you can use Ctrl and 0 to return to normal (100%zoom) for IE(internet explorer same thing with out Ctrl and 0 but their is a little zoom bar at the bottom right. If you press more than 2times it will return to normal so you have to go through the percentages or custom. For FireFox same thing as IE. Also the Ctrl + or - thing is short cut the actual is on the tools bar (for chrome tools icon top right). And for safari I have no idea I haven't use Macintosh pcs for a while. But its on my iPod.

CraigStern

Quote from: Tastidian on April 02, 2010, 01:14:19 AM
I agree with KZ on the text thing

That was actually a bug that's been fixed for the next release of the demo. ;) Trust me--you'll be able to read everything no problem when the update comes out.