News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath RPG: Servants of God buglist

Started by KZ, February 03, 2010, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Are you playing the demo? Craig has limited it to make the full game more appealling. That's why you can't learn Vengence and any of the Area Affinity Attacks.

Chrono

It's not only in the demo. I got the pre-order but can't learn any other skill for the main after he gets his elemental blast, but somehow it works *before* that.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

CraigStern

Quote from: eyhung on December 30, 2010, 01:58:16 PMWith 15/15 Power/Defense, can't get Vengeance despite Feedback 3, can't get Cryo Cross despite Elemental Blast 4 and Mind Blast 4, and can't get Big Shield, but Set got it at Defense 14.  What's wrong with my Hero?  (I've killed the Bandit Leader but haven't completed Mission 3)

Are you playing the downloadable demo, or the browser version? I believe I've fixed this in the browser version, but if that's not the case, please let me know!

As for the occasions where you find options missing in the Mahboob side quest, if you could be more specific about which options are missing and where, that would really help me out a lot! (There are well over one hundred branches of dialog for that particular side quest, which makes it very hard to debug.)

eyhung

I'm playing the downloadable demo (activated with code).  Should I redownload?

CraigStern

Not yet--I keep getting ready to update it, but then someone finds a new bug I want to fix first. So I keep pushing it back. I fully intend to have it updated by tomorrow, though! :)

eyhung

OK.  Also, there's a minor typo in the opening prison escape sequence -- I think you mean Rahel's accent is flat, not her affect. 

CraigStern

Quote from: eyhung on December 30, 2010, 07:06:05 PMAlso, there's a minor typo in the opening prison escape sequence -- I think you mean Rahel's accent is flat, not her affect.  

Nope: definition 5.

eyhung

Thanks for the definition, I learned something today. 

You're certainly right from a technical perspective, but from a usage one, I think you're going to get more confused users like me who may think that the game is slightly unprofessional for having a typo in the opening sequence when there's a similar, common word that would make more sense.  In general, affect is not used as a noun in standard conversation -- the link above even mentions that it's a technical term for psychologists and psychiatrists. 

There's also a bug in Crypt 3 at the riddle door where I tried to ask Rahel for help.  I couldn't get it to work (it said that person is not here.)  and eventually after asking Griffin for help (who told me to ask Rahel), I asked Rahel for help again and got stuck in an endless loop of conversation options.

eyhung

Just tried copying my save files to my browser save directory and can now get those attacks from the online version.  However, when I go to Deeper Downs to get cash and then go back to Ravinale, I get ambushed by guardsmen, I see lots of NaNs where numbers should be, and I can't move. 

Chrono

This is off-topic, but...

Try not to put double posts. There is a Modify function for you to put down anything else you want to say before someone else posts.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

CraigStern

Quote from: eyhung on December 30, 2010, 09:35:22 PM
Just tried copying my save files to my browser save directory and can now get those attacks from the online version.  However, when I go to Deeper Downs to get cash and then go back to Ravinale, I get ambushed by guardsmen, I see lots of NaNs where numbers should be, and I can't move.

Hm. So it's only after returning from the Deeper Downs? I wonder if that's some issue of variables not being reset between randomized battles. Let me know if that happens again under other circumstances, or if it's just limited to return trips from the Deeper Downs. (Thanks for all the bug reports, by the way--these are very helpful!)

bugfartboy

One of the bandits in the Prison Battle before the Boss didn't do backstab to the Main.

OOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOO
O###OOO###O
O###OOO###O
O###OOO###O
OOOOOMBOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOO

O is a normal tile, # is a wall tile, M represents the main facing left, and B is the bandit attacking from behind. It did the normal 4 damage and no backstab.

SmartyPants

I tried to force Malekahin into using Mind Blast and then it froze.

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 31, 2010, 05:10:03 PMI tried to force Malekahin into using Mind Blast and then it froze.

Hm, interesting. Is he the only enemy you experience that with?

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on December 31, 2010, 06:17:41 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on December 31, 2010, 05:10:03 PMI tried to force Malekahin into using Mind Blast and then it froze.
Hm, interesting. Is he the only enemy you experience that with?
All of the other Guardsmen worked fine and Malekahin's Big Shield, Shadow Blast, and Dark Vortex all worked perfectly, yet as soon as Malekhin had to use mind blast, he turned around and then the game froze.