News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath RPG: Servants of God buglist

Started by KZ, February 03, 2010, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadShot

QuoteIn the online game, the Done button doesn't always work.

The same thing happend to me, making me waste Duvailer's PsP along with not letting Griffin end his turn, and I have no range to attack anyone.

PS: I was in the Depper Downs
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

Zackirus

Quote from: kirby1000 on December 19, 2010, 01:07:44 PM
The same thing happened 2 me, making me waste Duvailer's PsP along with not letting Griffin end his turn, and I have no range to attack anyone.

I have determined that if you start the characters movements too early, then you will not be able to press the done button and have to use a skill.

Also: Kirby, Please don't use the 2 to replace to, we like that here, thank you.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

HeadShot

My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

ArtDrake

I found that you can remedy that by pressing "X" on your keyboard, or the "?" button on the GUI. Just wait about a second, or at least don't hold a directional key while your turn is starting, and you should be fine. When I'm being chased, it happens to me, because I'm constantly going the same way.

Craig, if you want to get rid of it, while I don't know how your game is programmed, and I would never suspect that the script was sloppy, I've found that when I make a game, there are certain things that must be checked for in each frame, or each tick if you were to use Timer.

If I get the order of certain event-checks wrong within a tick, the effects can seriously mess up a game. Normally, it's fine, because the probability of these events happening in the same frame, or at the very beginning of a while loop, like a data value being put in an an instance array right before the array gets wiped in preparation for a new turn, is minimal. But if the event is a on-off check for something that could be ongoing through the beginning of the turn, like a keycheck, this is a problem, and it's a pain in the... neck... to debug.

If I were programming your battle engine, I would record an array of directional keypresses, and only let a character end its turn once its on-screen location matched its calculated destination based on the keypresses, so as to prevent it from stopping halfway between spaces, which would REALLY be bad. But if one of the keypresses was erased after its function reported the event to a handler, which moved the character, and recorded the move in an array, then the calculated destination and the actual location would never match up, hence no ending of the turn.

Now, this is really specific, and if you didn't code your engine this way, or have a similar ordering problem, it's not applicable, but due to the way the bug arises, it sounds like this is the type of problem you have. If not, well, the bug is still there.

CraigStern

I know what's causing this. I'll have it fixed in a jiffy.

ArtDrake

Chrono

It seems that non-elemental attacks become unavailable after choosing affinities. I chose Light and trained Feedback to level 3, but couldn't get Vengeance even though I had 15 Psy Defense.
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

Funny... I was just going to mention that.

Zackirus

Actually that is not a glitch at all, Craig is going to limit the amount of attacks Duvalier can get (So no Big Shield, Vengeance, Elemental Area Attack, and etc.) to make the full version more appealing.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Chrono

Are you sure? I actually tried it with Big Shield - I didn't have enough gold, and when I came back for it, it disappeared before I even trained for Vengeance. The second time, I bought it but then Vengeance became unavailable. Besides, where did Craig say that?

[/spoiler]

Zackirus

I emailed him the question, to prove my point, try getting light bomb, and see what happens.

- Lord Canada

Chrono

Fine, point taken. So this means that I have to choose between Vengeance and the elemental area attacks, hmm...

[/spoiler]

ArtDrake

Well, that just sucks the fun right out of the game. If this were sprung on on unsuspecting player that had read about the ultimate Light Bomb, or the amazing power of Dark Vortex, they might just have to break down and cry.

bugfartboy

You have our sympathy Ducky. :P

And this is getting off topic peoples. Let's try to reign it in.

j3sterg

Ah...That explains why I haven't been able to train Big Shield, Vengeance, Big Elemental Shields, or Ultimate Elemental Attack on my various games...

A few bugs in the [activated] Windows Demo (that are probably just related to new/unfinished content):
1. Talking to either Naj or La'Man once you've recruited them opens a blank/inescapable dialog window or opens a window for the last ally you spoke with (also inescapable).
2. La'Man can successfully train "Firebreath 2," but using attacks in battle doesn't raise their experience/level. Naj's attacks gain experience, but she can't learn "Frostbreath 2" :-(. Clicking on the "Learn New Skill" button does nothing.
3. During the night after the execution mission, if you click on your parents again after listening to the argument, the "you don't want to listen anymore" window is inescapable (clicking [Done] does nothing).
4. If you break out of the green Shadowling's basement, you can't re-enter the basement (probably intentional), but you also can't enter the basement with Naj/La'man. Exiting Somnus and re-entering allows you to enter the chanter-basement normally.
5. Asking Rahel for help with the Crypt 3 Riddle Door opens a blank/inescapable dialog window. (Solving it and moving on opens the world map with a new Crypt 4 location, but nothing is clickable)
6. I noticed some issues with Rahel's new dialog. I don't remember exactly what I was doing (I was playing around with all the dialog tree responses), but I remember that for the "Sorry for snapping at you earlier" dialog, the "You were a member of the Rubat clan, right?" option seemed to disappear/re-appear randomly based on previous responses. I'll try to play around and see if I can re-create it.
7. Rahel's "Bow Counter" skill randomly disappears. I think it occurs when you exit/re-start the .exe program and load a saved game (you need to retrain it).
8. Qudssi's melee damage formula seems to be Strength + Skill (9) minus 4. Is this intentional, or is his base skill level supposed to be 5..?
9. In dialog with Qudssi at headquarters, the Hero- and Qudssi- lines are reversed (Qudssi's name/portrait appears with the Hero's lines and vice-versa).
10. If you tell Qudssi "Fine, you can go" (before the execution quest), he reappears at the Prayer-Box, and you can re-do the dialog to get him to join. I know he's confused/conflicted, but that just seems fickle :-P.

Other bugs:
1. The card game exploit still exists. Double clicking a minion-targetting Psy Spell removes the psy points as normal, double clicking it again (without targetting a minion) removes additional psy points, double clicking it again when you don't have enough psy points brings up the "not enough psy points" message but still allows you to click on a minion and cast the spell (and the card remains in your hand). If you keep discarding cards, you can keep casting Fury or Cryoblast over and over.
2. After dying during the Fernatus Battle, the "You have died [Continue]" box was stuck on the screen. After dying, I clicked "Skip" for the death cinematic and reloaded the autosave rather quickly, which might have something to do with it. While the box was onscreen, I couldn't click the [Continue] button, and the battle proceeded as normal. When I won the battle, the "You won! [Done]" box appeared, and after clicking it, both boxes were gone.
3. In the Marid Stones/Tikka quest, I'm 75% sure I was able to turn in the Stones twice. The first time, I calmed Tikka and escaped the cave, then gave the stones to Umma. Then, I went back and killed Tikka (I'm greedy), and got the 200 gold reward, but I also had the "I brought you the Stones, too" option available. I skipped it, turned the Stones in to Umma, and got another 50 gold. The chest in the bottom left corner might've also been filled with gold again, but I'm not positive about that. I'll see if I can recreate it. It could be that I spared Tikka, talked to the kid but didn't turn in the Stones, and then killed Tikka/turned in the Stones, but I'm pretty sure I turned the Stones in twice.
4. I noticed the same AI problem with the Greater Ghost's CryoCross attack in the battle for the Indigo Orb. I've noticed it attacked Ghosts and treasure chests instead of attacking the player's characters. One time, I had Naj flying over the center/non-gold treasure chest, and the Greater Ghost moved 3 spaces to the left and used CryoCross, hitting nothing at all! Also, CryoCross seems to damage the treasure chests when they are one space away, but not when the Greater Ghost is two spaces away (though I believe it damages player characters when they are two spaces away from the Ghost).

P.S.
1. Pre-ordering=Best. Early-Christmas-present-to-myself. EVER.
2. "Luca'Ra'Il...Luca'Ra'Il..." "I miss the old Luca..."=Amazing.