News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

I think he meant "Unique from each other".

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 08, 2011, 12:09:42 PM
When you say "multiplayer", will it be on one computer like TRPG2 Duel or will it be at two different locations like XBOX LIVE?

Right now, it only supports hotseat play a la TRPG2 Duel Mode. The goal, however, is for it to support legit multiplayer as well.

Will it have a story and a campaign like Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Halo Wars?

No. However, I'm coding the engine so that it can easily be reused for future, single player efforts that will be story-based.

What are some of the "24 unique unit classes"?

Swordsmen
Spearmen
Bowmen
Crossbowmen
Assassins
Cavalry (scorpion riders)
Lizardmen
Engineers
Stone Golems
Bronze Golems
Energy Golems
Spirits
Mentalists
Pyrokineticists
Cryokineticists
Photokineticists
Skiakineticists
Psy Healers
Red Spriggats
Frost Spriggats
Black Spriggats
Golden Spriggats
Shadowlings
Phantom Armor

bugfartboy

Would "Golden Spriggat" be along the same lines as "Light Spriggat"?

Duskling

Quote from: CraigStern on June 08, 2011, 11:24:58 PM
Swordsmen
Spearmen
Bowmen
Crossbowmen
Assassins
Cavalry (scorpion riders)
Lizardmen
Engineers
Stone Golems
Bronze Golems
Energy Golems
Spirits
Mentalists
Pyrokineticists
Cryokineticists
Photokineticists
Skiakineticists
Psy Healers
Red Spriggats
Frost Spriggats
Black Spriggats
Golden Spriggats
Shadowlings
Phantom Armor
And I'm already dying of anticipation... don't worry, no pressure, so long as you can get the game up.

MikeW781

Lizardmen
Engineers
Mentalists
Skiakineticists
Golden Spriggats

These would be the ones I haven't seen before. I'm mostly curious about the Skiakineticists as I can figure out what the other classes are.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

The video he posted explains Menalists and Engineers. I don't know what the Skiakineticsts are.

Duskling

Ok, only if you guys want to spoil it for yourselves... I'll put what I found in a spoiler.

[spoiler=Caution, Telepath Tactics info][spoiler=Last Warning]http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1993;sa=showPosts[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Ertxiem

To make the description easier to find, I'll add another link.
[spoiler=Unit descriptions]Telepath tactics: unit descriptions[/spoiler]
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Thought so. Now I'm really anxious for Craig to release it.

Duskling

Could Buh'Baque be a playable character Easter egg, maybe after being unlocked by beating the game (If there is single-player) on the hardest difficulty, or by fighting and winning a certain number of battles? ;D

bugfartboy

That would be epic... Haha! Maybe it should be changed from "-opinions" to "-discussions".

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 09, 2011, 05:04:12 PMI don't know what the Skiakineticsts are.
Mentalist=Mental Psy
Pyrokineticist=Heat Psy
Cryokineticist=Cold Psy
Photokineticist=Light Psy
Skiakineticists=Shadow Psy

QuotePhantom Armor - the hardiest of the flying units, with powerful slashing attacks but low movement speed. Phantom armor can regenerate itself when damaged.
Will the Phantom Armor of Telepath Tactics (TT) be the Phantom Armor of TRPG2 or the Ghost Knights of TSoG?

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 08, 2011, 12:09:42 PMWhen you say "multiplayer", will it be on one computer like TRPG2 Duel or will it be at two different locations like XBOX LIVE?
Right now, it only supports hotseat play a la TRPG2 Duel Mode. The goal, however, is for it to support legit multiplayer as well.
It would almost require some type of internet connection between players, because it is difficult to organize people to play (much like it is difficult to get people to play even the most fun board games).

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 08, 2011, 12:09:42 PMWill it have a story and a campaign like Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Halo Wars?
No. However, I'm coding the engine so that it can easily be reused for future, single player efforts that will be story-based.
So Telepath Tactics will have little to no story like TPA2, while an improved sequal will be story filled like TSoG?  I think the Telepath world has a very good mythos, so it would be a waste to not expand it.

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 11, 2011, 03:19:12 PM
QuotePhantom Armor - the hardiest of the flying units, with powerful slashing attacks but low movement speed. Phantom armor can regenerate itself when damaged.
Will the Phantom Armor of Telepath Tactics (TT) be the Phantom Armor of TRPG2 or the Ghost Knights of TRPG2?

The former. However, in order to make them interesting and useful as unique units, I've altered their characteristics.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Craig
The former. However, in order to make them interesting and useful as unique units, I've altered their characteristics.
How so? Appearance, or capabilities?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 12, 2011, 08:32:28 AM
Quote from: CraigThe former. However, in order to make them interesting and useful as unique units, I've altered their characteristics.
How so? Appearance, or capabilities?
Capabilities, since they can now fly.