News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Progress of TSoG (aka TRPG3) Open Demo

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 11:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

Frosty

Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

hellboy222

thanks zhampir when I wrote that I was tired and my comp was messing up, I wonder craig are you gonna take a stab at romance or no if you could add it in correctly I think it would add a bit more character development for whomever the romance is in between.

Presentiment

I prefer nomance to romance in this case because I can't see how its doable.

Zhampir

on the contrary, a romance for Set all ready has potential in the game. Based on Set's character I believe a romance with him would be quite doable and likely very humorous.

hellboy222

yeah and if he made her mad she couldn't hit him instant shield luck jerk.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Presentiment on March 04, 2010, 09:21:08 PM
I prefer nomance to romance in this case because I can't see how its doable.
A romance only works with major character development.  That seems hard to pull off in a flash game.

hellboy222

yeah it was more of a passing thought I thought would be interesting to talk about, I don't expect it to be implemented in the game.

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 05, 2010, 02:47:44 PM
A romance only works with major character development.  That seems hard to pull off in a flash game.

Why? Flash is just the development environment. I think you'll find  some pretty interesting character arcs in the finished version of TSoG. ;)

hellboy222

so does that mean romance is in the air Craig?

Zhampir

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 05, 2010, 03:00:35 PM
I didn't say it couldn't be done.  I just think it will be hard to pull of.
It shouldn't be that hard. Time consuming, perhaps, but certainly not hard.

Developing a believable story line is the hard part, luckily Craig seems to be a very good story writer. Also, don't underestimate the talent here on the forums. Fans typically pour out some great, believable, workable, fan fiction.

KZ

Well, we certainly see something brewing for Set, possibly in form of comic relief. Then there is something between the Hero and Rahel that might start up, from the look of things. Then we have, completely on the side, but neveretheless revealing another side to romance- Malis. I also don't see why such things can't be pulled off, especially if TSoG is focussed on dialogue and there is a much deeper character development than in TRPG2 (at least, that's the aim, and so far it's been holding a much higher level).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

Attack sprite got updated, yay. Now they are far clearer.

EDIT: Deeper Downs battles are ambushes now -.-

CraigStern

I spent all day today putting in the code for battle sound effects. You won't see them in-game yet, of course, but I just thought I'd let everyone know what I've been doing. :)