News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

And rediculous. There is no proper explanation as to how and why it would work. If you didn't get from my earlier posts, Nay

Zackirus

When the forum was just started, their was an idea for a Pre-Elemental Area Attack for Duvalier. Most people agreed to this but the ideas were forgotten. However, most people agreed that Pyro Hail was the Pre-Elemental Area attack and that Fire Gate should be the Area Attack. The attacks were:

Light Ring

Range: Omnidirectional
Cost: 11
Damage: Psy Power + Light Ring Level + 2

OOOOO
OXXXO
OXDXO
OXXXO
OOOOO

Shadow Star

Range: *See Diagram
Cost: 12
Damage: Psy Power + Shadow Star Level + 2

OOOOO
OXOXO
OOXOO
OXOXO
OODOO
OOOOO

Cryo Wake

Cost: 11
Damage: Psy Power + (1.5 X Cryo Wake Level) + 3

OOOOO
OOXOO
OOXOO
XXDXX
OOXOO
OOXOO
OOOOO

Fire Gate

Cost: 19
Damage: Psy Power + Fire Gate Level + 2

OOOOO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OXXXO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OODOO
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on November 26, 2010, 03:06:57 PMWhen the forum was just started, their was an idea for a Pre-Elemental Area Attack for Duvalier. Most people agreed to this but the ideas were forgotten. However, most people agreed that Pyro Hail was the Pre-Elemental Area attack and that Fire Gate should be the Area Attack. The attacks were:
I remember more people rejected or ignored the attacks then agreed with them.

bugfartboy

Could you give me a link to the records of these attacks?

Zackirus

http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=25.msg3185#msg3185

im2smart4u: nobody shot down the idea, we just changed some of the attacks.The forum members at the time (who were talking about it) never said they hated it.

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Of the ideas resuggested by Zack, I have but one issue and it is with the Cryo Wake attack. It seems to have a range too similar to Cryo Cross. If it were different such as:

XOOOX
OXOXO
OODOO
OXOXO
XOOOX

Then I might like it. And why would light ring be less costly than shadow star? It seems to cover more range. Or is it because it is very close range and shadow star can reach up to three spaces away?

The Holy namelesskitty

If these are pre-affinity how do you know which you get?
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

They are not Pre-affinity. They are Pre-area attacks. You get tees before you get the other area attacks.

ArtDrake

Honestly, I would rather have Shockwave than a pre-area attack.

MikeW781

I kinda like the idea of Pre-Area attacks, but its such a big change in game design that we should probably ask Craig before considering it. It would add variety to attacks, balance the affinities, and be a suitable transition from only being able to affect on space two squares in front of you to being able to hurl a 3X3 square of light three spaces in front of you.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

Very well. I shall ask Craig about them if no one has done so already.

ArtDrake

Does anyone think that a powerful Hero wouldn't be complete without a movement ability such as Juxtapose, Leap, Shadowport, but something new?

bugfartboy

No. Most of the attack spots are already full and the game is near done. I think Craig knows what he has planned out. He needs no such thing.

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 30, 2010, 09:37:21 PM
No. Most of the attack spots are already full and the game is near done.
Only one of those statements is true, the other is speculation. However, you can change attack spaces, for example, if you don't like Mind Shield and would like Dark Vortex instead, you can get Mind Shield out of the space, and replace it with Dark Vortex. I'm pretty sure that the game isn't nearly done, from what Craig has shown so far.

ArtDrake

Exactly. And there are 23 total attack spaces, counting the occupiable ones.