News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Using Malis?

Started by fourinone, June 07, 2010, 07:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fourinone

Hello, all.

I've played to the end of Mission 3 in the demo and recruited Malis; however, there doesn't seem to be an opportunity to use her. The merchant who sends you to fight bandits is gone, and you cannot leave Ravinale. If I choose to begin Mission 4, I only have a solo battle with Arman, and then the demo ends. Yet, people here seem to talk as if they are able to use Malis! I feel that I'm missing something. Is there a way to continue after the "end of demo" screen? I've poked around the forums a bit, but couldn't find anything. (I played the downloadable version, by the way. Is this the problem?)
Also, I realize that there is a shadowling in the Map Editor who is functionally equivalent to Malis; could this be what people were talking about instead?
Sorry if this has been answered already.

Duskling

Well, hello, fourinone, welcome to te forums, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas, and enjoy your stay (har, har, I'm stealing the moderators' job! :D)! Anyway, about Malis, yes, you can add her to your party, and you can use her, I have, anyway. So, if you want to try Malis out in combat, I suggest Bug Hunting, the best place, and so far, the only place, to use new characters in combat. Though I don't understand why you can't leave Ravinale, try reporting that to the Bugs thread, they might help you there.

Bromtaghon

In the final version of the game, you aren't supposed to be able to leave Ravinale.  However in the browser demo you can at the moment.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

fourinone

So, I can only use Malis in the browser version? Well, that's a shame. Oh well, thanks, guys!

Bromtaghon

Not until the release of the 5th mission. 

Scubapookie

With the recent update of the browser version, I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the downloadable version, as Rahel can learn TrueShaft.
Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but fun to push down a flight of stairs.

Chuck Norris grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.

Bromtaghon

A while back I'm sure CraigStern said he would allow people to leave Ravinale between Missions 3 and 4 on the browser demo during beta testing.  I haven't played the downloadable demo so I'm not sure.

Tastidian

You know if you train Malis enough like I have she is perfect for attacking long range and getting behind the enemy. Malis is quite useful to my party.

MikeW781

If you beat the partial rescue mission you are allowed to leave again
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Idozen Cair

I'm sorry for reviving this topic, but you guys have still not answered the question.

Mike: You can't do that between after the partial-mission.
Duskling: That's not a bug.

So, this problem remains unfixed.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Actually it has but you probably just felt the need to necropost. Once again, try not to.

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

Duskling

Necroposting is when you revive a dead thread, which is why it is called that, and that is why we have a warning placed on threads that have not been posted in in over... 4 months, I think. Now, this is off-topic, so please, do not respond to this post.

Idozen Cair

But this thread is revived for an appropriate reason!

Buggy: Just how is this problem fixed?
I doesn't care, do I?