News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

The idea behind the game seems very good, but I don't particularly like the character sprites. They aren't bad, but they weren't exactly what I was expecting.

Duskling

Quote from: Rob on June 12, 2011, 07:44:17 PM
The idea behind the game seems very good, but I don't particularly like the character sprites. They aren't bad, but they weren't exactly what I was expecting.
The game is still in Alpha, and TSoG is the primary project on Craig's list at the moment, so don't worry Rob, we'll have a say in it when TSoG is complete.

Idozen Cair

I agree with Rob and I would also like to add: Would it be too late to change the name Telepath Tactics now?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Why change it? I like the name.

CraigStern

Quote from: Rob on June 12, 2011, 07:44:17 PM

This game doesn't take place in a part of the world we've seen before, so many of the units aren't going to look especially familiar to you.

bugfartboy

So is it still in Cera Bella? Or another continent?

CraigStern

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 14, 2011, 10:08:30 PM

All in good time. :)

Also, I should point out that the character sprites you see are just initial versions. Final versions of each character's default pose should be completed within the next week and a half, followed by proper animations.

bugfartboy

Ah. Looking forward for it. So who is doing the character sprites? Or is that another thing we can't/don't know?

Idozen Cair

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 14, 2011, 10:30:16 AM
Why change it? I like the name.
I don't know but it sounds....it sounds like a guide/walkthrough/tips/strategy on the Telepath series game to me though.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Why Lizardmen over Folk-of-the-Woods?
Is it because the area where TT takes place has a different native population then Cera Bella?
Or did you do it because you prefer lizardmen over another elf-like race? (I personally prefer lizardmen)

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 15, 2011, 01:13:43 AM
Why Lizardmen over Folk-of-the-Woods?
Is it because the area where TT takes place has a different native population then Cera Bella?
Or did you do it because you prefer lizardmen over another elf-like race? (I personally prefer lizardmen)
Well, I think a bit of both. The closest things we've seen in Telepath to Lizardmen were Spriggat (I believe), and we have already seen a Folk-of-the-Wood, granted, not in-depth. Yes, this also has to do that TT may/does not take place on Cera Bella, thus allowing more variety... but that means that Spriggats are greatly spread out throughout the Telepath universe. Finally, I just personally like the idea of a bipedal, walking iguana with a spear. :)

Edit: Fixed my statement on where TT is based, as it is, as im2smart4u said, a speculation.

bugfartboy

He never said it wasn't on Cera Bella. He said we'd have to wait and see.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 15, 2011, 09:56:02 AMHe never said it wasn't on Cera Bella. He said we'd have to wait and see.
I believe he was speculating; not stating it as a fact.

bugfartboy

Quote from: CraigStern on June 14, 2011, 10:10:15 PM
Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 14, 2011, 10:08:30 PM

All in good time. :)

I'm sorry. This doesn't sound like speculation. :P

SmartyPants

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 15, 2011, 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: CraigStern on June 14, 2011, 10:10:15 PM
Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 14, 2011, 10:08:30 PMSo is it still in Cera Bella? Or another continent?
All in good time.   :)
I'm sorry. This doesn't sound like speculation.  :P
I don't think you understand what speculation means:
to take to be true on the basis of insufficent evidence.

It wouldn't make sense for me to say Craig was speculationing when he is the one who knows the answer.  I obviously met Duskling was speculating, because he was basing his assumtion off of Craig's obscure answer.