News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

About Telepath Tactics

Started by CraigStern, May 29, 2011, 05:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Telepath Tactics is a turn-based tactical RPG with destructible environments; the ability to build bridges and barricades during battle; and 23 unit classes with distinct strengths, weaknesses and abilities that shape their role on the battlefield. It features a story-driven single player campaign, mod support, and a hotseat local multiplayer mode that supports up to 6 players at a time.

The game features a completely new engine written from-the-ground-up in Flash. It features an intuitive mouse-driven interface and a million little wish list items accumulated from previous games:

--battlefields can be any size
--click on a character to see every space it can move to, then click a space and it will walk to it automatically
--see every attack's element and base damage before you attack
--each unit has multiple elemental strengths (and weaknesses)
--use the engineer to build battlefield objects (like bridges and barricades) in unlimited quantities, or place explosive charges to take down walls
--plague your foes with status effects like Burning, Poisoned, Frozen and Blind
--push, pull and even throw enemies into water or lava
--attacks now support variable ranges and variable damage at range
--there is an incredibly awesome map editor with intuitive "painting," multiple layers, map panning, zoom, and unlimited undo/redo

There's a million more things to say about this game, but I'll leave it at that for now. Finishing TSoG is top priority for the time being. That said, you You can look forward to playing TT after it releases on April 16th.

Visit the Sinister Design Youtube Channel to watch teaser videos!

Click here to read the Telepath Tactics Manual.

CraigStern

Check it out--here's a (not particularly high quality) video of me presenting Telepath Tactics at the Chicago Games Showcase on May 24:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1OxVKSLksc&t=5m47s

CraigStern

CraigStern

I've updated the screenshot here, as well as throwing together a pre-alpha teaser trailer to show off how the game plays. Have a look!

CraigStern

I've updated the screenshot and trailer again to show the latest build.

CraigStern

CraigStern

I've posted a detailed update on the development of Telepath Tactics on the front page so you guys can see exactly where it's at. It's coming along, slowly but surely. ;)

CraigStern

Aaaaand another video update showing off the latest build:

CraigStern

I've posted a new monthly update about progress on Telepath Tactics!

The high points:

- Character walk animations are now completed.
- Title screen art and a title theme are in progress.
- The game's interface has been improved.
- The manual has been updated.
- In-game tutorials have been improved.
- The game now supports variable attack accuracy (i.e. attacks that are more or less accurate than other attacks.)
- "Create" attacks can now spawn multiple instances of an object or character at once.
- Alliances (i.e. different armies allied either with you or your opponent) are now in the process of being added to the game.

Check out the full post here for more details: http://sinisterdesign.net/?p=1778

CraigStern

In case you hadn't seen, I've just released a new public alpha demo for Telepath Tactics. Get the Telepath Tactics alpha demo below!

WINDOWS DEMO

MAC / LINUX DEMO (you'll need AIR to install the Mac / Linux one; Linux users can nab AIR here)

CraigStern

As of this morning, the demo has been updated. See here for more details. ;)