News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Wish List for Telepath Tactics

Started by Ertxiem, December 13, 2012, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

It might be interesting to create a Telepath Tactics Wish List.
Eventually some ideas may be implemented by Craig and others may become possible to create via Kickstarter.

In case somebody needs inspiration, one can visit the Telepath RPG Servants of God Wish List.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

The the Gifted Chicken, Buh'Baque, should be on this list. Once again, as an easter egg. :P

SmartyPants

Aquatic Movement, so one can see campaigns with lizardmen from the swamp and pirates from the sea.  While not as mobile as flying units, aquatic units would still be a fun, new challenge.  In land covered in rivers, swamps, and waterways, aquadic enemies would be highly mobile threat that wouldn't be vulnerable to piercing damage like their flying counterparts.

More shadowling sprites! If there is a campaign with shadowling soldiers, healers, avengers, and captains, then it would be nice if they didn't all look exactly the same. We can also take some shadowling variations from TRPG2.  Maybe give a shadowling spirte a scar like Tastidian, a  horn like Darkeye, a mask like Hellion, or a bandana like Niven.

bum_199

In general i always liked the idea of some turn based tower defense in a tactics game like this. Maybe some missions where you use your troops which can move combined with some structures or towers that dont move to defend something or simply haveing the structures in normal battles to affect it would be cool.

bum_199

just a unit that doesnt move with a special ability. maybe you control it maybe you have to defend it just grants a bonus if you take it. on an unrelated note PLEASE DO WHAT WESNOTH DOES AND PUT IN TIMERS FOR PLAYER TURNS.....ive been playing some other multiplayer tactics games and it gets old when people have 20 minute turns.

ArtDrake

Oh, dear. You might want to take a moment or two to make your post more understandable -- I'm not being intentionally cruel here, but as it stands, your ideas aren't being expressed very clearly. Proper grammar is usually helpful in that regard, and all caps for emphasis is highly unnecessary; just italics or an exclamation point will do.

Ertxiem

Welcome bum_199. Thanks for the suggestions you've made.
I agree that in, any game, waiting forever for another player is rather annoying.

Just to reinforce what Duckling said, I'll quote what the older mod usually says:
Quote from: KZRead the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Edit: Typo correction.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Telepath Tactics does indeed have turn timers for multiplayer! (See: http://youtu.be/5TBWLBe5Gs0?t=5m20s&hd=1)

CraigStern

The Golden Spriggat and Bronze Golem are already in the game. Or do you mean providing playable characters of those types in single player?

SmartyPants

TSoG didn't have a multiplayer, so the TSoG Wist List only had ideas for a campaign setting.  I believe any old TSoG wishes would be more applicable for Telepath Tactics's campaign than its' multiplayer.

SmartyPants

Quote from: bum_199 on January 02, 2013, 03:27:10 AM
Quote from: SmartyPants on December 31, 2012, 11:26:19 PM
Quote from: bum_199 on December 28, 2012, 01:21:59 AMIn general, I always liked the idea of some turn based tower defense in a tactics game like this. Maybe in some missions, you can have troops combined with some structures or towers that don't move to defend something, or you can simply have the structures affect normal battles. That would be cool.
Do you mean like the Ballista in fire emblem?
Just a unit that doesn't move and has a special ability.  Maybe you can control it or you just have to defend it to be granted a bonus.
Would an Energy Golem unit be adequate?  They are a stationary units with the special ability to strike strike multiple targets over long distances.  Since an energy golem is weak to melee, the player can quickly lose the advantage the unit provides if the player doesn't properly defend it.

StrawmanMatt

My wishlist:

- Get rid of this Adobe AIR nonsense so we can actually have a Linux version that is not a throwaway reliant on abandoned, unsupported software. (I still haven't played the demo yet and am relying entirely on videos to see what the gameplay is like)

- Play-by-email multiplayer.

- Hexes.

CraigStern

Hey Matt! I'd love to do a native Linux port. I am increasingly not a fan of Windows or Mac, so from a personal standpoint, I really want to support Linux in whatever way I can. However, I also have to be careful: Linux is currently fragmented across many distros, and I really can't afford to wade into a quagmire porting the game! My personal hope is that Valve releases the Steam Box soon, and that that helps to consolidate the field a little.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for sharing your opinion!