News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics - opinions

Started by Ertxiem, May 29, 2011, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Thanks! I'm doing my best to make it as easy as possible to do all kinds of crazy, awesome stuff. :)

The NextBranch parameter is a decent idea (though I'm not sure why anyone would want to use it that way); the label idea is better, though it would be a bit of a pain to implement. I'll keep these suggestions in mind.

bugfartboy

[spoiler=this]
Quote from: CraigStern on May 28, 2014, 09:41:01 AM
--laid some of the design groundwork for making status effects moddable (which would allow you to change the parameters of existing status effects and create your own)
[/spoiler]
This is what I've been waiting for for a long time. Now I am content.

ArtDrake

I was looking back through the Devlog... modding damage for tags and weapons having AddTag.. this seems like a juicy opportunity for a little plot twist where holding a particular stolen legendary weapon could make the hero more vulnerable to the boss's new version of that weapon when they return, or make the stolen weapon [that is otherwise really good] useless against the boss in the future. I like this. :)

ArtDrake

Does the extended range allowed by the RangeBonus tag cause the damage of the attack to drop off even further for attacks that have this behavior?

CraigStern

Correct; it affects maximum range, not damage fall-off.

vcvcvc12

Will we be able to modify range and height bonuses/penalties on attacks? I'd like to be able to make some attacks have no range penalty, and maybe one or two with a bonus.

On that note, will attacks be able to both move a character and damage enemies? I'm imagining an attack where a cavalier or something charges towards an opponent, doing more damage the longer the run-up.

Also, I love how mod-friendly this seems to be. Also literally everything else about it. The Bahamut Lagoonesque field effects, moving stuff around the field, a relatively low-randomness system... It's awesome and beautiful.

CraigStern

Thank you! I appreciate it. :D

There is currently no way to turn off elevation effects on attacks, though you can easily avoid those by designing battlefields without elevated areas.

Quotewill attacks be able to both move a character and damage enemies?

I've been seriously considering adding in this capability, but it's not in the game yet. We'll see if I have the time to make it happen. ;)

bugfartboy

Looking at the image of the addition to attack reticles, it says -10/18.. What does that refer to? Seeing as the attack selected is "Sword" I'm assuming it has something to do with the health of the target.

CraigStern

Yeah, the "18" was total health. I quickly realized that that was confusing, so I reformatted them today into something much more readable: http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=1224.msg47087#msg47087

mercy

Demo feedback:

+Great fun game.
+Very nice graphics.
+Cool magic effects
+Well drawn NPCs.
+Scales down super-nice to 1024x768 to be able see fonts better! Graphics remains crisp.

- Please can you create a settings option for the camera to JUMP immediately to an enemy unit - when in enemy turn - and remain centered on that enemy unit as long as it moves? The current quick-scrolling of camera to enemy unit is straining to the eye, prevents enjoyment of gameplay, made me dizzy. XCOM camera immediately centers on moving enemy unit and is absolutely a joy to watch, exactly what I wish Telepath Tactics could do.

- 2x Bigger fonts option in the settings for the dialogues window couldn't hurt for the PC.  Maybe darken the marble-ish background behind a fonts a bit more.

- If you can make an option in settings to always place the actions window to the TOP of the screen (sword icon, end-turn, etc..) so a gamer doesn't always have to move it, when it blocks out the view [of a soldier].

- don't loop the music infinitely. Play once then stop. Create short soundtracks, like in XCOM. Pause music for a while then start again.

- redefinable shortkeys maybe, but this is a minor issue.

Ertxiem

Hi Mercy. Welcome to the Sinister Design forums.
Thanks for your feedback. (By the way, I moved your message to the opinions thread.)
Let me just build on top of your bigger fonts suggestion and propose that we could have an option to select the font size from a list of options or even writing a number ourselves.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Thanks for the feedback, mercy! I appreciate it. ;)

bugfartboy

Quote from: CraigStern on September 10, 2014, 03:41:19 PM
though it could also be used for teleporters or other things.
This makes me happy.
Quote from: CraigStern on September 10, 2014, 07:29:43 PM
--created new room in the fortress with a bandit that you can gamble your money with! (And playing the exact same dice game as you played with Gamblin' Jack in Telepath RPG Chapter 1, no less.)
This makes me happy for different reasons.  It's rather nice to see even a little bit of reference to the previous games beyond sharing a series name. I like this, very much.

bugfartboy

Quote from: CraigStern on September 17, 2014, 08:32:39 AM
--new dialog trigger: OnLoaded. Runs the dialog just as soon as the level loads, right before the loading screen is removed. This lets you make changes to the level via scripts before the player is able to see them happening onscreen.
I think I might have actually done a fist-pump into the air when I read this.  Did I? I did. Is OnLoaded run after Persistent Dialog?

CraigStern

It's run after PersistentDialog.xml is loaded, if that's what you mean. Which is to say, you can put an OnLoaded trigger in persistent dialog if you have a script you know you'll want to run at the very start of every battle.