News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Yawah

Started by Steelfist, April 20, 2010, 11:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

I was wondering exactly who or what yawah is; Is he even real, or just a fabrication of the cult?

More importantly, if he is real, will you get to fight him? Fighting a god... Brilliant!

One interesting fact; Yawah is very similar to the word yahweh, which means, in the hebrew bible, the 'One True God'.

I wonder if Craig knew that when he began designing the game, or simply took it from the hundreds of books that have used the name yawah as the name of a god, for their story.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Steelfist on April 20, 2010, 11:29:02 AM
I was wondering exactly who or what yawah is; Is he even real, or just a fabrication of the cult?
Couldn't you ask that the same question about any religion and not really know the answer?

torugo

it explains who yawah is depending on what you say in the intro but i dont know if we fight him
mock the pheonix you will burn

MikeW781

i think he is an incredibly powerful spirit, and has begun to ask mortals to worship him.
Fighting him is likely, mabye the battles with Yawah and D'Kah will be done like the Tastidian/Nelis battles where you have to fight through D'Kah to reach Yawah
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

CraigStern

Quote from: Steelfist on April 20, 2010, 11:29:02 AMI wonder if Craig knew that when he began designing the game, or simply took it from the hundreds of books that have used the name yawah as the name of a god, for their story.

The former. :)

Guye

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 20, 2010, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: Steelfist on April 20, 2010, 11:29:02 AM
Couldn't you ask that the same question about any religion and not really know the answer?

But in games you actually CAN get an answer. Will you? Who knows?

Quote from: mikew781 on April 20, 2010, 05:02:57 PM
i think he is an incredibly powerful spirit, and has begun to ask mortals to worship him.
Fighting him is likely, mabye the battles with Yawah and D'Kah will be done like the Tastidian/Nelis battles where you have to fight through D'Kah to reach Nelis

Somehow, I like this idea. Though I certainly don't hope after fighting D'Kah I go up against Nelis, which I assume was a typo on your part... unless you mean the Spirit of Nelis?!?!

MikeW781

The spirit of Nelis would be a cool Easter Egg, but that WAS a typo
sorry

SmartyPants

If I had to guess,  Cygnus and his Acolytes use thier psy powers to make it seem like "Yawah" is blessing people and granting its followers with special powers.  They are getting rid of psys, so one one can say "they are using psy powers, so Yawah isn't real"

MikeW781

I believe that while this may be the case for some, many people that actually use Psy powers might believe that they are just channeling power from Yawah, unlike their foes. Prehaps even Cygnus believed he was using Yawahs powers, not Psy abilities

Guye

You could go on the unlikely offshoot that Yawah is in fact this world's god. That he grants his followers special powers that are similar but still not the same as the psy's. That (at least in this god's opinion) psy's are evil. Or perhaps, the god is pissed that some humans are naturally obtaining abilities that it restricts to its devout. No body says the god has to be nice. I definitely could see Yawah ending up being real in this game, but is that the most likely answer? Probably not.

Steelfist

Oh, COME ON! You HAVE to have a fight with Yawah; I think everyone who plays the telepath series will be bitterly disappointed if you don't get to. I know I will.

Guye

Probably, but the question is who or what Yawah actually is? Or maybe there is no Yawah, but something else just as amusing. Don't underestimate our esteemed writer. I very much doubt that he will disappoint.

Zhampir

Yeah... so this would be Yawah's expression if he/she/it's exposed

lol...

torugo

fighting yawah would be fun but if he really is a god then there is no guaranty of victory
mock the pheonix you will burn

Steelfist

That's the point! By the time you get to the end of the game, virtually nothing can challenge you! Take TPRG 2. It required a apparently immortal spirit to even make you pause. And the battle was still pretty easy, I must admit.

I very much hope that you get to fight Yawah. It would be fun.