News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

How can you fire through a barrier? I really don't like the idea of a hooking attack like that. Do you like Heat Wave 1(designed by your truly) or Heat Wave 2(designed by Ert)?

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

So you would rather see an attack that affects 7 spaces in a row, 3 spaces away?

The Holy namelesskitty

Well, it's better than the other and I'd like to see the fire affinity beefed up a little.

bugfartboy

I'm offended slightly. But I'm glad my names are being kept. Can I write the formulas?

Ertxiem

Sorry for changing all your attacks...

Yeah, you can write some formulas.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

ArtDrake

Wouldn't they all be along the lines of

Psy Power + Level + c

c = constant for each attack

?

The Holy namelesskitty

what do you all think of elemental hook?

ArtDrake

They should have different shapes. Like Cold should be like branching out in different directions, and Shadow should be be a couple of knights' moves, and Light should be one 3x3 hook, and Heat should spiral out four times like:

OOOOO
XXXOO
XODOO
XOOOO
XXXXX

Cold:

OXXOO
OOXOO
XXOXX
OXDXO
OOOOO

Shadow:
OXXOO
OOXOX
OODXX
OXXOO
OOOOO

Light:

XXXXO
OOOXO
OOOXO
OOODO
OOOOO

The Holy namelesskitty

They look pretty powerful, but I do like them, maybe if they have lower formulas.

SmartyPants

I don't like the new suggested elemental attacks.  They seem like you guys are just putting random Xs on a grid of Os.  It seems forced and artificial. I vote "Naayyyyyy. I just don't like it. Gut instinct. Or maybe just that bean burrito coming back to haunt me."

bugfartboy

Accually I have put thought into mine. I spent about an hour coming up with the designs. Now are you done calling me a suck-up and quoting me? Or do you just hate me?

Zackirus

No need to fight people, it is just an idea!

With the New Elemental Attacks: I see the point of them but I don't I would use them, whoever I do think that they can be useful in some cases. I am going for 'maybe' for the new elemental attacks.

With the Hooks: I must admit that they do look like Radom and I don't think they would be necessary. I say 'nay'
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Thank you Zackirus. As I said before, nay on the hooks.

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on September 01, 2010, 07:49:35 PM
Pirouette- Luca uses her mysterious powers to rotate her friends or foes 180°.  This would help teammates face thier foes.  It would also make enemies vurnable to backstab.
Element: Spirit
Range: 2 Spaces
Cost: 5 Psy Points
Damage: No Damage
Quote from: Ertxiem on September 11, 2010, 08:24:41 PM
I'll give a small yay for pirouette. It's not an attack that I think it makes much sense, but I can see some use on the battlefield (for instance, the examples given by im2smart4u).
It doesn't make much sense because the enemies would try to cancel its effect. That would be easier for them to do that cancelling the effects of juxtapose because the former only rotates the enemy without moving him (thus, rotating back wouldn't need any steps) while the latter moves the enemy (requiring 1 or 2 steps to move back) and it's previous position will become occupied.
I don't understand what you mean by "cancel its effect".  Are you saying that the enemies will turn back around during their turn?  This attack would require you to use the teammates in the correct order.  To use Luca's Piroutte last is like healing a full healthed Griffin before he attacks a Ravinale Swordsman's front.  You have to use Piroutte before the other teammates, so the other teammates can attack the enemy before he turns around.