News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I have an old idea:

Trade (PsP)

Using their mental strength, the user of this move trades their own phyiscal health to relieve mental stress and tiredness

Range: Self
Effect: Trades Health for PsP (Around 6-10 depends on the level)
Cost: 0

What does everyone think?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

To be honest, personally I don't like this attack, we already have something similar in Zen the Reaper's attacks, plus the Transfer for Luca and, especially, Soul Suck. Plus, methinks it's tricky to perform and who should be getting this attack?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

I was thinking the hero himself
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

it kinda sounds exactly like recover....
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

Quote from: mikew781 on July 03, 2010, 01:20:20 PM

Recover trades PsP for Health, This move trades Health for PsP. Their opposites (msot things in the teleath universe have an opposite: Pyro-Cyro Light-Dark)

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

I sixth the Whirlwind vote.

I agree that Recover should be balanced, but I'm not sure how the in-game relation could be explained.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

MikeW781

Quote from: Zackirus on July 03, 2010, 01:24:56 PM
Quote from: mikew781 on July 03, 2010, 01:20:20 PM

Recover trades PsP for Health, This move trades Health for PsP. Their opposites (msot things in the teleath universe have an opposite: Pyro-Cyro Light-Dark)
Oops. Read it wrong. Sounds like a luca move, more than a hero move

KZ

Well, there is no need to have perfect balance in everything- Recover seems like a nice addition to Big Shield, Titan Shield and Feedback/Vengeance for self-healing- allows more options, but is there really a need for trade? The Main certainly has more than his fair share of attacks, and Luca seems to be well equipped now that she has Juxtapose- she's the ultimate non-healer support teammate, methinks. Unless someone has radically new and useful attacks to give her?

Ok, folks, 6 people for Whirlwind for Griffin, if one/two more people agree on it, I'll add that attack to formulated (Griffin sure would be better off with this attack).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

With Luca's Transfer, I don't see Trade as useful.

The Indigo Orb gives the TPA1 Hero Big Shield, while Indigo Orb gives Duvalier Titan Shield.  That means that the Red Orb that gives the TPA1 Hero Vengeance would give Duvalier Vendetta.
Vendetta
Element: Mental
Range: Omnidirectional (Diamond shape)
Cost: 14 Psy Points
Damage / Healing: Psy Defense + Vendetta Level

No one needs to remind me that Vendetta isn't my orginal idea, so don't comment on the attack's origin, but instead discuss the attack itself.

KZ

Well, although I originally came up with Vendetta to be used as a challenging boss attack, I think your idea about turning Vengeance into Vendetta is really good (though that still isn't to say that this couldn't be used elsewhere as a boss attack). I really like it- not only does this allow the Hero to tackle harder enemies towards the second part of the game (which became much harder with much better AI), this also gives more room to explore, for instance Craig can still keep the Crimson Orb in the game, and let it transform Pyro Hail into Fire Gate, since the orbs seem to simply augument greatly the caster's abilities, rather than specifically modify the nature of the elemental attacks in use. Thus, this idea has my full support.

This also brings up the question- should Set learn Titan Shield at one point? After all, in TRPG2, both Festus and Anya could learn Big Shield, but the Main could only learn it with the help of the Indigo Orb. And I think the players shouldn't be limited into having to turn to the Main becoming a superior healer- I'd rather he be on par with Set. Thoughts, folks?
Welcome to the forums!

MikeW781

I think Vendetta seems a little overpowered, and its area is, to my understanding, the same/ very close cyro cross.

But i agree with set learning Titan shield, I like the option to make the main a supplementary healer, but the pure healers should always be superior.

Also, if there was an orb to give the main Fire gate, it should also upgrade the other affinities. I think some thread or another had a list of uber EAAs. Ill try to find it.

Quote from: Zackirus on March 30, 2010, 11:16:47 AM
Light: Shockwave

Fire: (Fire Gate)?

Ice: ...

Shadow: ...

We need at least 2 - 3 new attacks that can fill their places. I personally think light bomb is better than shockwave. But then again, we want to create new semi-attacks (Between Blasts and Final Stages)

Quote from: Fireblasto on March 30, 2010, 11:19:21 AM
Ice: Freeze - where the enemy totally freezes and one other attack will shatter him into pieces. Literally. Cannot be used on bosses.
These are the quotes i was looking for.

Barzul

But there is also the cross-elements to think of. If Duvalier will learn two elements like Craig has said, there would be a big attack that is a combo of the two elements. Attacks like Pyro Bomb (Fire/Light), Dark Cross (Cold/Shadow), Cryo Hail (Cold/Fire), Light Vortex (Light/Dark), etc.

Bromtaghon

Double-element moves: Shadow Cross sounds better than Dark Cross IMO, Cryo Hail reminds me of Dusk's old signature  :D
Freeze: it seems a bit overpowered. 
I think the Hero getting Vendetta would be nice. 
mikew781, how is Vendetta anything like Cryo Cross?  It's pretty much a cross between Feedback and Whirlwind.
I think Set should learn Titan Shield.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

I agree with the Whirlwind idea, looked very cool in TRPG2, I can't wait to see what you'll do with it in TSoG.

MikeW781

Quote from: Bromtaghon on July 04, 2010, 01:50:04 PM
mikew781, how is Vendetta anything like Cryo Cross?  It's pretty much a cross between Feedback and Whirlwind.
The area