News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

mezzoforte

Don't attack me if this was already posted, but what about combined team attacks?  It doesn't make much sense because the team members are so different, but it was just an idea to explore.

Perhaps with enough Aptitude, the Main will learn the ability to focus and combine the mental energies of his teammates into one powerful "mind blast" (though it covers a huge area).  It draws Psy points from all members.

Maybe it would make the game too easy...

A different way would be to combine the physical attacks of members who are within reach of a particular enemy.  This changes the dynamic though: team members can act simultaneously, instead of in turn.

Cypher

What about changing the name 'Light blast' to 'Photon blast'? Light blast sounds a little... wrong, I think (at least to me it does) and we already have the prefixes 'cryo' and 'pyro', so why not have 'photo'?

Zackirus

Photo-Bomb!

Anyway, I don't really care if it the name is changed
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

SmartyPants

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 15, 2010, 11:09:50 AM
Piercing Throw- A powerful throw of a spear can stab through an enemy and hit the square behind your target.
Range: 2-3 squares
Damage: (1/2)Strength + (1/2)Psy Power + 2 + Piercing Throw Level
Cost: 9 PsP

0X0
0X0
0S0

0=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman
Does anyone dislike the idea of Piercing Throw?

Cypher

Cypher

One thing: Piercing Throw should do less damage to the person behind than the person in front, because the person in front absorbed most of the spear's momentum, therefore slowing down the spear and dealing less damage to the person behind. Thoughts?

bugfartboy

True. The energy used to launch the blade would diminish as it passes through it's targets, therefore, the person(s) behind the main target should get less damage.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Cypher on August 17, 2010, 01:34:12 PM
One thing: Piercing Throw should do less damage to the person behind than the person in front, because the person in front absorbed most of the spear's momentum, therefore slowing down the spear and dealing less damage to the person behind. Thoughts?
You are over thinking it.  Dark Vortex doesn't do more damage to the guy in the center and the first guy hit by Slash doesn't get hurt more then the other guys.

Quote from: Cypher on August 17, 2010, 01:25:54 PM
Nope. Do you like my idea?
No, Light Blast is better.  Plus, changing the name to an old attack isn't "New attacks for teammates".

bugfartboy

Slash is continually getting more energy as it goes as it is still in connection to the user who is powering it. Dark Vortex is nothing more than gobules of dark matter hitting targets in a certain area, thus making them a bad comparison. Peircing throw, however, would lose connection to it's user thus cutting it off from it's energy supply. How's that?

Cypher

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 01:49:02 PM
Slash is continually getting more energy as it goes as it is still in connection to the user who is powering it. Dark Vortex is nothing more than gobules of dark matter hitting targets in a certain area, thus making them a bad comparison. Peircing throw, however, would lose connection to it's user thus cutting it off from it's energy supply. How's that?
You've got a point.
Quote from: im2smart4u on August 17, 2010, 01:44:48 PM
Quote from: Cypher on August 17, 2010, 01:34:12 PM
You are over thinking it.  Dark Vortex doesn't do more damage to the guy in the center and the first guy hit by Slash doesn't get hurt more then the other guys.

Quote from: Cypher on August 17, 2010, 01:25:54 PM
Nope. Do you like my idea?
No, Light Blast is better.  Plus, changing the name to an old attack isn't "New attacks for teammates".
???I didn't know that...

Cypher

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 01:58:34 PM
Thank you cypher. @im2smart4u Sometimes there is someone smarter than you in some cases.
I just love your humour! :D

Cypher

Now that you mention it, me too.

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 01:49:02 PM
A vortex isn't "gobules of dark matter hitting targets in a certain area".  First, it is not made of dark matter.  Second, the corrosive miasma spins in a vortex.   In a vortex, the greatest spinning is in the center, so therefore the center would cause the greatest damage.

If Slash "continually getting more energy as it goes", then the last person struck would recieve the most damage.

Quote from: Cypher on August 17, 2010, 01:59:59 PM
Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 01:58:34 PM
Thank you cypher. @im2smart4u Sometimes there is someone smarter than you in some cases.
I just love your humour! :D
And you are still encouraging spamming and flamming.