News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

1. How long has Ertxiem been a mod?
2. What made you decide to promote a new mod?
3. Is he replacing KZ?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

CraigStern

1. A few days.
2. He's been a mature, intelligent poster on the forums for a long time now, and he seemed like a good candidate to be a mod.
3. Nope. He's just helping out.

MikeW781

Nice. Good idea not to publish the promotion, and get even more mod requests
Also, I got stuck in Harvester. Is there any way to gain more information on what I am doing wrong?

algebra15

I don't think that my document class is unattached; I ran a few trace statements, and found that everything was working, expect for the fact that Flash wouldn't actually draw the MovieClip object. The document class, my menuHandler Class (I set up a class to handle all of the menu screens; drawing them, and setting them to null once I'm done with them), and my first screen, (the Main Menu)-- all of them ran their constructor functions. The system was working fine until I added a GameLevelHandler (a class that would handle the level select screen and the screens nearby, like achievements, stats, shops, that sort of thing), using an Event called NavigationEvent to deal with menu navigation, GameNavigationEvent to deal with level screen navigation, and GameEvent to deal with going between the menu, the level select screen, and later, a class that dealt with toolbars and pulldown windows. The following is my document class.

package {
import flash.display.MovieClip;
public class DocumentClass extends MovieClip {
public var menuHandler:MenuHandler;
public var gameLevelHandler:GameLevelHandler;
public function DocumentClass() {
menuHandler = new MenuHandler();
menuHandler.addEventListener(GameEvent.GAMESTART, onGameStart);
}

public function onGameStart(gameEvent:GameEvent):void {
gameLevelHandler = new GameLevelHandler();
gameLevelHandler.addEventListener(GameEvent.GAMEBACKTOMENU, onGameBackMenu);

menuHandler = null;
}

public function onGameBackMenu(gameEvent:GameEvent):void {
menuHandler = new MenuHandler();
menuHandler.addEventListener(GameEvent.GAMESTART, onGameStart);

gameLevelHandler = null;
}
}
}

I'm going to have this problem solved in a while anyway, so if you think it's probably some problem that you can't solve because of lack of information, I'll solve it on my own. But if anything jumps out a t you, let me know please.

P.S. For some reason, in a different game I was making, the Timer instance I was using for the game Timer was saying it didn't want an input variable for the constructor, whereas I had been informed that a "25" for 25 milliseconds was what was supposed to go in...?  I don't think anything happened to t he Timer class, so if you know what might have hapened, lplease let me know as well. It kind of forced me to abandon the project...

P.S.

Now I feel kind of stupid. I forgot to add the "addChild" statement...
yeah.
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

Ertxiem

Quote from: mikew781 on June 01, 2010, 06:20:06 PM
Also, is there any way you could make the TsoG demo obtainable in the same way Harvester and Ham Sandwhich RPG are? I.E. no installation required?
Even better would be to have a portable version that we could have on a USB pen/disk with the saves stored in there too. I have no idea if it's easy to do.

(May I suggest that the Harvester questions are moved to the Harvester section?)

Edit: I tried to move the questions, but it ended up being a mess! :( Sorry. Anyway, with some quotes, I guess everything is understandable...
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Quote from: Ertxiem on June 02, 2010, 07:36:57 AM(May I suggest that the Harvester questions are moved to the Harvester section?)

Go for it.

Bromtaghon

How long has Duvalier known about his Gift?
Where do most humans live, besides Ravinale and the Psy Academy (which seems more like a boarding school to me?)
Can all spirits revive those who died in battle?
Are we ever going to get to visit the Rubat Clan? (If we actually can in the demo, my bad.)
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

1. Since Duvalier is 18/16, he has probably known about the Gift for a few years, perhaps 2-8 years.

2. Humans don't only live in Ravinale, as you have heard, the Mechanics and Duvalier's family are from the North, also, there are bandits who live in the desert.

3. Any spirit that can use Soul Suck and kill someone or something with it should be able to revive those who died.

4. Most likely, but for now, CraigStern is working on Somnus, the Great Forest, and finishing up the current Ravinale quests.

I hope my answers were acurate enough, I don't remember much from the game, or know about many current workings.

Zhampir

:o
Craig has abandoned us and left Duskling in charge! *feints*
lol just kidding.^^

I was wondering, how are you doing Mr. Stern?

Duskling

Quote from: Zhampir on June 03, 2010, 08:16:22 PM
:o
Craig has abandoned us and left Duskling in charge! *feints*
Boy, wouldn't that be a nightmare for you all? Especially Bromtaghon, he hates me! :D

CraigStern

Quote from: Zhampir on June 03, 2010, 08:16:22 PMI was wondering, how are you doing Mr. Stern?

A pair of nasty bugs in the new AI code are giving me grief. >:(
But other than that, I'm doing well. :)

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 02, 2010, 10:01:52 PM
How long has Duvalier known about his Gift?
Where do most humans live, besides Ravinale and the Psy Academy (which seems more like a boarding school to me?)
Can all spirits revive those who died in battle?
Are we ever going to get to visit the Rubat Clan? (If we actually can in the demo, my bad.)

I'd say something on the order of 8-10 years by the time of his arrest at the start of the game.

Most humans live in small towns and settlements scattered around the continent.

No.

Yes, but I don't know if that will end up being in the demo or not.

Bromtaghon

Did the Duvaliers live in West Ravinale, East Ravinale, or some other unaccessible area of Ravinale?
How old is Duvalier at the time of the events of Servants of God?
Did most people willingly convert to Cult-ism or were all the Anu-ists killed?

CraigStern

I haven't decided where they live(d) yet.

At the time you take control of him, Duvalier is somewhere around the age of 18.

All of the people you see in TSoG who worship Yawah do so because they chose to convert, though some people had different reasons than others. ;)

MikeW781

Does the native religon in Ravinale have a name?

Bromtaghon

Do the Cult call themselves the Cult? (Seeing as they believe themselves to be a religion, probably not.)