News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New portraits (important)

Started by Dorgon 5000, April 25, 2010, 11:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new portraits?

No!
4 (11.8%)
Yes!
24 (70.6%)
Dude, they would ruin the whole game!
2 (5.9%)
I don´t care.
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Dorgon 5000

Do you like those new portraits that Craig showed us some days ago? I really don´t. All the characters look like big, fat drunks! They look completly repulsive! Does anyone agree me?

SmartyPants

Your completely wrong.  The new portraits make the characters look real and relatable, while the old portaits were kinda plain and didn't leave much of an impression.

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 25, 2010, 11:58:00 AM
Your completely wrong.  The new portraits make the characters look real and relatable, while the old portaits were kinda plain and didn't leave much of an impression.
I agree. They new portraits add to the games realism and help with Craigs goal to make this game compete with major , non-flash systems. You can already tell he is personally putting more effort and care into this than most major developers. (I.E. Infantry Ward and CoD MW2)
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Steelfist

Griffin looks slightly strange, but the others seem to be okay.

torugo

everyone looks cool with the new potraits to me
mock the pheonix you will burn

Duskling

Griffin's smug smile is almost half gone!  >:(

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: mikew781 on April 25, 2010, 02:15:34 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on April 25, 2010, 11:58:00 AM
I agree. They new portraits add to the games realism and help with Craigs goal to make this game compete with major , non-flash systems. You can already tell he is personally putting more effort and care into this than most major developers. (I.E. Infantry Ward and CoD MW2)

Realism whould be bad for telepath. The major games will still be more realistic. For Final fantasy XIII, for example, the developers spent hundrads of millions to make it realistic! There are lots of major games that look better than the telepath series will ever do, at least in the next ten years.
The point is, why make a game that tries to look realistic but just looks ugly? If telepath should grow big, it can´t be through realism.

.:Light-God:.

I actually like the portraits they look really lifelike which makes the game better!
I've not seen the rest of the teams/npc's portraits but i bet they'll be soo cool =]  ;)

SmartyPants

I don't like the new Duvalier portrait, because he looks too ghostly.  His creepy appearance makes him look like a villain.
Arman, Griffin, and Beggar look alot better with the new portaits.

I agree... (Insert Name Here) Looks like a ghost with blue eyes! I hope he dosen't come to haunt me :(

Zhampir

Makes him look evil... hmm... maybe his appearance could change through dialogue choices? That would be neat.^^

Yeah the portraits faces could change like if Duvalier was angry he could change into an angry pose.
Happy = Happy Pose

etc.

torugo

i like how fernatis and malis  look with there new portraits and your dad has quite a resemblence to mario and he looks kind of silly
mock the pheonix you will burn

Well torugo it'd be AWWWWWESOME if he had a red hat with an M on it and mario's clothes :D

Bromtaghon

HAHAHA no it's not.
Yes, Father looks like Mario, it's absurd.  I dislike the Set portrait, I don't know why...
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.