News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath RPG: Servants of God buglist

Started by KZ, February 03, 2010, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrono

It helps to have screenshots. Try to include that if you can so Craig can see the problem more clearly.

P.S. Welcome to the forums, read the rules, check your spelling, and enjoy your stay! Or, you can become my slave ;D

EDIT: Wait, even though I didn't buy Big Shield, I still can't get Light Bomb?! How does this work?? Never mind. I think I know what's going on...
[spoiler=Infinity, explained in 3 different words]

[/spoiler]

SmartyPants

In the battle against Jabbar, one of the regular bowmen used bow 2. Can they do that?
I recruited Naj, La'Man, and Qudssi but none of them show up in dialogue in the Missions.

Chrono

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 22, 2010, 06:16:09 PM
I recruited Naj, La'Man, and Qudssi but none of them show up in dialogue in the Missions.
I think he's still working on it; no need to rush.

Why can you see the dark in basements, but you can't see in the second Crypt?
Lights on the wall?

[/spoiler]

Duskling

Quote from: Chrono on December 22, 2010, 07:32:56 PM
Why can you see the dark in basements, but you can't see in the second Crypt?
Lights on the wall?
No, no, he means the "See in the dark" Psy power, why can't you use it in the Crypt?

Chrono

Oh. I don't even know where to get that ???

[/spoiler]

bugfartboy

It's not an ability. And it's off topic. Sorta.

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 22, 2010, 06:16:09 PMWhy can you see the dark in basements, but you can't see in the second Crypt?

Telekinetic Sight (the second Sight technique described on the wiki) requires the utmost concentration to perform. It is usually only effective in something close to pitch blackness; the user requires sensory deprivation so the mind's resources can be focused entirely on compositing a picture based on tactile impressions of the psy's immediate surroundings. A bright beam of light cutting through an otherwise dark room makes it extremely difficult to use.

That's the official explanation. The shorter explanation is, it's an engine limitation. :P

CraigStern

In the battle against Jabbar, one of the regular bowmen used bow 2. Can they do that?

Are you sure it was a regular bowman? Regular bowmen actually don't have a Bow 2 attack animation. And there is a longbowman in that battle.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on December 22, 2010, 09:36:38 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on December 22, 2010, 06:16:09 PMWhy can you see the dark in basements, but you can't see in the second Crypt?
Telekinetic Sight (the second Sight technique described on the wiki) requires the utmost concentration to perform. It is usually only effective in something close to pitch blackness; the user requires sensory deprivation so the mind's resources can be focused entirely on compositing a picture based on tactile impressions of the psy's immediate surroundings. A bright beam of light cutting through an otherwise dark room makes it extremely difficult to use.

That's the official explanation. The shorter explanation is, it's an engine limitation. :P
I wasn't talking about the rotating light.  I met the pitch black room where the you search for the orb with the mouse clicker.
I am guessing the answer is "engine limitation" again.
Also, I wrote alot of wikia page.

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 22, 2010, 10:38:44 PMAlso, I wrote alot of wikia page.[/size]

True, but you made that particular page out of an explanation I gave in the comments of a front page post on this website, if I'm not mistaken. :P

Yeah, that particular hallway that you're talking about is still part of the same "room" for purposes of the engine, so I guess you can chalk that up to being an engine limitation.

ArtDrake

Or that the light coming in from the spotlight room is still too much. If the light is bright, it might impair his ability to see with the Sight...

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on December 23, 2010, 06:29:18 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on December 22, 2010, 10:38:44 PMAlso, I wrote alot of wikia page.
True, but you made that particular page out of an explanation I gave in the comments of a front page post on this website, if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, I organized and reworded things you have wrote on the twitter, forum, and sinisterdesign.com. I was not taking credit for the words, but instead I was pointing out that I already read the wikia page alot.

Quote from: CraigStern on December 23, 2010, 06:29:18 AMYeah, that particular hallway that you're talking about is still part of the same "room" for purposes of the engine, so I guess you can chalk that up to being an engine limitation.
I am okay with that.  I just hated clicking in the dark.

SmartyPants

*Malis and Qudssi joined my team, but Total Soldiers says that I have 5.
*Game freezes when I try to talk to the parents at night.  The first time is ok, but the second time freezes.
*Both Rahel and Arman disappeared from Baz's Manor after the parents' rescue. (Yet Arman is available to play in combat)
*On the Manage Team page, I pressed the red X by Rahel's name and she disappeared forever.
*In Mission 5, I kill everyone but the boss and the screen goes screwy. I kill the boss and then the last guy and it goes screwy.
*Malekahin doesn't attack or heal.
*I asked about Arman twice and the game freezes.
*The Hero's knife attack is uneffected by strength.  Levely up increases the damage, but increased strength doesn't increase damage.
*After getting through the door and down the stairs at the third crypt, the Cera Bela map appears.  The map doesn't let me go anywhere.

Zackirus

* Where is La'Man and Naj when during the night scene?
* Where are Qudssi and La'Man and Naj during both mission 2 and 3?
* If you go down into Gloomling's Basement before you even talk to him you still have the same dialogue, even though you don't know you are supposed to kick them out.

im2smart4u: I think Arman is supposed to disappear after the parent's rescue, just ask Griffin about Arman...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Quote from: im2smart4u on December 23, 2010, 04:21:16 PM
*In Mission 5, I kill everyone but the boss and the screen goes screwy. I kill the boss and then the last guy and it goes screwy.
*Malekahin doesn't attack or heal.
*After getting through the door and down the stairs at the third crypt, the Cera Bela map appears.  The map doesn't let me go anywhere.

These are simply things that haven't been finished yet. (The others are legit bugs that I'll look into when I get back into town.)