News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Progress of TSoG (aka TRPG3) Open Demo

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 11:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presentiment

And I presume you decided to cross out ambushes as an option in the Deeper Downs?

They aren't ambushes anymore.

Not to mention, the Vengeance icon looks rather hideous. ;)

Also, for an attack you fight the Ravinale Guard at least twelve times for it is hideously weak. I thought it would be stronger than Vengeance in TRPG2.

KZ

Just a quick question: I see many small fixes from 10th march onwards via twitter, and I wonder when, or if, you'll be updating the open Demo? It seems that there is quite a lot of new material to be seen and tested, and am curious why you decided to go for one big release, rather than many small ones, like back in the day?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

The short answer is, I'm preparing the first downloadable demo, and I want it to be as polished as possible so I can send it out to various websites and get coverage of the game. It's a marketing thing. :)

KZ

Ah, I see, downloadable demo's coming our way! Will you release it to use to have a quick look-through for bugs, or send it out straight away to interested parties?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Fireblasto

Bug testing to KZ means hours of spending fun on a game that he loves.

Zhampir

lol, same here.^^
and if you do release it for bug squashing are you only going to give it to a select few, or the general population?

Zackirus

If you give it to a small number of people, can you give it to us please because We are your number one bug testers, and we love the game :)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Hey guys, I thought you'd be interested to know that I've updated the online (in-browser) demo. It has all the new stuff I've implemented since releasing the downloadable demo a few weeks ago, including new AI for most enemies (some of the more specialized AI, like the AI for snipers and bronze golems, has not yet gotten a facelift).

Your old saves should work with the latest version, but you'll have to transfer them to a new folder for the game to detect them, since I've changed the file name for the game.

Other than that, the only downside is that there won't be any music or sound effects while you're playing the browser version from here on in.

MikeW781

Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

MikeW781

In the next update, can you please give us back Rahel? Its a pain to loose her, and i know you cant give us too much content, but maybe you could just make here appear again?

Also, are you going to/have you changed the formula for shadow blast to match the other elemental blasts?

SmartyPants

Quote from: mikew781 on June 13, 2010, 02:37:10 PMAlso, are you going to/have you changed the formula for shadow blast to match the other elemental blasts?
It cost less PsP and it is a better starting attack then the other elemental blasts.

MikeW781

Thank-you for stating this. I already know that, and have found the damage formulas for all of the Heros attacks. I was asking IF he was going to make it the same as the other elemental blasts. I in no way asked about what the difference was.

SmartyPants

I was argueing that is should stay the same by stating some of the advantages of Shadow Blast.

MikeW781

Apologies. I didn't realize that you had seen a point to argue, all I intended in my post was to ask Craig if he intends to change it.

CraigStern

I do not. I think it's neat to have little differences among the elements here and there. ;)