News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

How about a piercing shot? like Rahel shoots and arrow that has a range of 2-3, damaging both the 2nd and 3rd positions. A range of 3-4 could be an alternative.

OXO
OXO
OOO
ORO

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 08, 2010, 09:15:02 PM
How about a piercing shot? like Rahel shoots and arrow that has a range of 2-3, damaging both the 2nd and 3rd positions. A range of 3-4 could be an alternative.

OXO
OXO
OOO
ORO
I think that attack should be saved for the spearman class.

Piercing Throw- A powerful throw of a spear can stab through an enemy and hit the square behind your target.
Range: 2-3 squares
Damage: (1/2)Strength + (1/2)Psy Power + 2 + Piercing Throw Level
Cost: 9 PsP

0X0
0X0
0S0

0=uneffected space, X=attacked space, S=spearman

hellboy222

I think a spear is more realistic/believable than a bolt or arrow.

Zhampir

How about an attack that relies one the light element to launch an arrow near the speed of light that penetrates through enemies? This would be a high cost, and hard to learn attack, of course.

Zhampir

it still is a physical attack, just an extremely fast one.
perhaps a psy force field is placed at the end of the arrow, super condensed, and then (rather quickly) super-expanding in a spot precisely at the end of the arrow (and nowhere else) propelling the arrow at amazing speeds, much like all the power in an atom bomb is focused on the arrow.

SmartyPants

I will rephrase may statement:
Assassins, bowmen, swordsmen, and spearmen shouldn't use the four elements.  The physical classes should use telekiness to increase or compliment their physical skills.

Zackirus

Quote from: Zhampir on March 10, 2010, 02:58:41 PM
How about an attack that relies one the light element to launch an arrow near the speed of light that penetrates through enemies? This would be a high cost, and hard to learn attack, of course.

an arrowgoing at speed of light, that breaks g forces of the scale and the arrow would propably break, even if it didn't after the g forces it would turn into pure energy which doesn't seem like anything possible.

It seems like the spear could do that because of the weight of the spear

I thought of an attack as well. What about an attack that would trade your health for psp points and have an opposite attack that trades psp for health. It would a point change for example:

Trade (PsP)

Using their mental strength, the user of this move trades their own phyiscal health to relieve mental stress and tiredness.

Range: Self
Effect: Trades Health for PsP (at the same amount as defence level)
Cost: 0
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

In my revised post I did not mention an element, I simply stated a psychic force was responsible for the manipulation of the arrow's speed. This could even be a telepathic force.

For instance, One force pushes left and another telepathic force pushes right, the two opposing each other. Both forces accumulating in Newtons, trying to surpass the other, until the caster relinquishes one, sending the arrow flying at super quick, super slick speeds. (and a possible joke for this could be, "look it's gone plaid!" from the movie Spaceballs.)

1. I didn't mean at the speed of light (because that's quite impossible).
2. if all particles are accelerated at the same time at the same rate the arrow, theoretically, would not break.

nvm I'm rejecting this idea now, because if Rahel can have such an effective telepathic attack with little or no psychic education, then surely the main should be able to produce a much more powerful version that would obliterate everything, and that, simply, is too much even for me.

hellboy222

what about an aura attack like ice shroud/aura and it increases the effectiveness of ice element attacks and switch ice with fire,darkness and light to increase each elements effectiveness respectively?

Zhampir

I'm still trying to improve Rahel's abilities.
how about:
Critical Hit (or Snipe, Sniper Shot, Critical Shot, etc)
Using telepathy Rahel is able to hit critical components of her enemies dealing (for sake of example) twice the damage.

Ertxiem

A sniper shot was proposed on the old forums. I agree that's a good one for Rahel.
It was even proposed that, if that isn't too hard to implement, one could choose the square at which Rahel will aim (in an area of, say, range 5).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on March 11, 2010, 06:16:45 PM
A sniper shot was proposed on the old forums. I agree that's a good one for Rahel.
It was even proposed that, if that isn't too hard to implement, one could choose the square at which Rahel will aim (in an area of, say, range 5).
A range of 4 would be more appropriate

Zhampir

Choosing the range... shouldn't be that hard to create. just another sub having the user click on a square (or pressing a number key for the range, but this would likely be hard unless, where the yellow boxes appear a number also appears in them, So with the current system if this was the first attack the use would press 1 1 2 to select the first attack with the 2nd range option) and once created it'd combine the bow 1 and bow 2, shadowport 1 and 2, and split shot 1 and 2. Giving potential for even more attacks as more slots would open.
REM me likes this idea

If that would be implemented then I have a whole new idea for Split shot. Remove it entirely and add in Multi-Shot.
In Multi-Shot the user would select 2 or 3 places for the arrows to hit (even selecting the same spot multiple times) for instance.
OOOOOOO
OOXXXOO
OXXXXXO
OOOOOOO
OOOROOO
OOOOOOO

With O meaning unavailable, X being a possible shot, and R being Rahel
As multishot's level increases (and Rahel's psy power is increased) Even more shots could be added, allowing for a barrage of arrows.

Also for the Critical Shot, Sniper Shot, whatever-you-want-to-call-it (I don't have a particular liking for any of those names, Sniper Shot sounding silly while Critical Shot sounds too unoriginal) the multiplier for damage could increase with leveling, the sniper shot's damage, I believe, should be the regular shot's base damage multiplied by the bonus. This would encourage people to use the base bow attack as it would increase the effectiveness of the shot a lot more than leveling the sniping itself.

I just thought of a great name for that shot, the Precise Shot, or simply a temp boost, Precision which adds a small percentage multiplier (like Base Dmg * (1 + n) where n= .10 * Precision's level with a max level of 10 [I didn't make these numbers for balancing, just popped in my head, the 1 in 1 + n is to not diminish the attack's strength) but boosts have been discredited, so I don't think Precision will be likely, but if the critical hit is included I strongly suggest Precise Shot as the name.

If both Precise Shot and Multi Shot are implemented I think multi shot should have a higher charge than Precise shot. This is because Precise shot's strength could easily be duplicated, and likely vastly improved by Multi shot. Precise Shot's percentage of increase when compared to Precision's supposed increase should be much larger as Precision's percentage to apply to Multi Shot (if implemented) doubling to even tripling the effect. Precise shot should Probably start at 200% power and increase by 25% per level, while Precision's power should be maybe 110% of the attack.

Precise Shot damage = Base Bow damage * (2 + n)
n= .25 * Precise Shot level

For the Arbalest (noun :a powerful medieval crossbow with a steel bow, used to shoot stones, metal balls, arrows, etc.) I'm not too keen on the steel bolts idea, but how about a modified crossbow that shoots 3 (or 5, as the 5shot is more popular, but probably not as this might cover too much terrain)?

OOOXOOO
OOXOXOO
OXOOOXO
OOOOOOO
OOOAOOO
OOOOOOO

OOOOOOO
OOOXOOO
OOXOXOO
OOOOOOO
OOOAOOO
OOOOOOO
where A is where the Arbalest stands

I'm not sure I like this idea either, though, but the name is nice and would still fit with the steel launching (yes I'm going to suggest the name in the new enemies forum, but I'm simply naming it here so it's easier to recognize since we have several names floating around.

All though, removal of the split shots entirely I think would be a bad idea. Keep them in at the same cost, with Multi-Shot costing a bit more. By the way, I'm going to post the ideas on the selecting attack range in another topic because it is not really a new attack but a modification of current attacks.

Presentiment

Quote from: Zackirus on March 10, 2010, 03:44:09 PM
Quote from: Zhampir on March 10, 2010, 02:58:41 PM

an arrowgoing at speed of light, that breaks g forces of the scale and the arrow would propably break, even if it didn't after the g forces it would turn into pure energy which doesn't seem like anything possible.

It seems like the spear could do that because of the weight of the spear

I thought of an attack as well. What about an attack that would trade your health for psp points and have an opposite attack that trades psp for health. It would a point change for example:

Trade (PsP)

Using their mental strength, the user of this move trades their own phyiscal health to relieve mental stress and tiredness.

Range: Self
Effect: Trades Health for PsP (at the same amount as defence level)
Cost: 0

That's one of the good ideas, but how would it be leveled? That problem might get a little tricky.