News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New attacks for teammates

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 11:03:35 PM
The difference between unbreakable shield and static shield is unbreakable shield is, well, unbreakable for 1 turn/1 hit. Static shield just ups HP.
So static shield would and unbreakable shield would cost the same PsP, yet unbreakable shield will be useless after one turn, while static shield will allow the teammate to keep his raised HP for every future turn.  Why would I use unbreakable shield?

Quote from: Zackirus on August 18, 2010, 10:47:11 AM
What about Stasis Shield
Sounds too much like Static Shield

Cypher

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 18, 2010, 12:51:49 PM
Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 11:03:35 PM
The difference between unbreakable shield and static shield is unbreakable shield is, well, unbreakable for 1 turn/1 hit. Static shield just ups HP.
So static shield would and unbreakable shield would cost the same PsP, yet unbreakable shield will be useless after one turn, while static shield will allow the teammate to keep his raised HP for every future turn.  Why would I use unbreakable shield?

What about Stasis Shield
So what, it's still a good name... unless you can come up with a better one, that is.

Zackirus

Its for one time events. For example: Holy Blast from Nelis does a lot of damage, and your teamate might die even if he/she has static shield. However, if you had stasis shield your teamate would survive the encounter. It does cost around the same. Also keep in mind it does give your guy more health.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

It is very unlikely that a teammate will die from one Final Boss attack at the end of the game.  By the end of the game, Set's stats should make Static Shield [(Psy Defense + Static Shield Level) X 2] able to withstand any attack for one turn.  Plus, do you really expect Craig to spend his time making an attack that can only be useful against the final boss?

Quote from: Cypher on August 18, 2010, 01:00:08 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on August 18, 2010, 12:51:49 PM
What about Stasis Shield
So what, it's still a good name... unless you can come up with a better one, that is.
Cypher, you need to stop disagreeing with me just for the sake of disagreeing with me.  It is just immature.

bugfartboy

What if the last character joined you just before that boss and he/she/it was so weak a bandit could take it out?

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 18, 2010, 02:58:11 PM
What if the last character joined you just before that boss and he/she/it was so weak a bandit could take it out?
I nocticed that Craig has created a very smart solution to that.  He introduces a new teammates at the end of the missions.  At the end of the missions is when you have the most amount of stored gold.  Like with Malis, it is wise to use the gold accumulated on the mission to train up your new teammate to the same level as the rest of the team.

bugfartboy

Oh ok... I hadnt noticed that. Thank you... But I still like the idea of the Unbreakable/Stasis Sheild. It holds some tacitical advantage. But maybe we can up the price some so that it isnt quite equal to Static Sheild.

Zackirus

It can be useful in more than one situation. It can be used when you have Arman or Malis running behind enemy lines to kill the archers and healers and you don't want to be hurt that badly during the enemues turn. It could also be used for defence as one of your guys might die this turn (Even if he is at full health).

For the Final Battle, sure he would survive if Set used Static Shield (he has a defence 18 and Static shield is at level 2), as It would increase Griffin Health by 40 and let's say it is at 60 = 100. But The attack would do more than 60 damage and he would have to be healed again the next turn when Stasis shield would prevent the need for Set to heal him next turn.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 18, 2010, 03:10:00 PMOh ok... I hadnt noticed that. Thank you... But I still like the idea of the Unbreakable/Stasis Sheild. It holds some tacitical advantage. But maybe we can up the price some so that it isnt quite equal to Static Sheild.
I see Unbreakable Sheild like some people saw my Contribute idea.  It may be useful in very rare instances, but useless 99% of the time.

Quote from: Zackirus on August 18, 2010, 03:10:12 PMFor the Final Battle, sure he would survive if Set used Static Shield (he has a defence 18 and Static shield is at level 2), as It would increase Griffin Health by 40 and let's say it is at 60 = 100. But The attack would do more than 60 damage and he would have to be healed again the next turn when Stasis shield would prevent the need for Set to heal him next turn.
Wouldn't be smarter to use Static Shield the first turn and Mega Shield the second turn?  The alternative of using Unbreable Shield twice would cost 5 more PsP and serve the exact same purpose.

Quote from: Zackirus on August 18, 2010, 03:10:12 PMIt can be useful in more than one situation. It can be used when you have Arman or Malis running behind enemy lines to kill the archers and healers and you don't want to be hurt that badly during the enemues turn. It could also be used for defence as one of your guys might die this turn (Even if he is at full health).
Static Shield is a good move to use when sending assassins behind enemy lines.  It already allows them to take more hits.

Zackirus

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 18, 2010, 03:27:06 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on August 18, 2010, 03:10:12 PMFor the Final Battle, sure he would survive if Set used Static Shield (he has a defence 18 and Static shield is at level 2), as It would increase Griffin Health by 40 and let's say it is at 60 = 100. But The attack would do more than 60 damage and he would have to be healed again the next turn when Stasis shield would prevent the need for Set to heal him next turn.
Wouldn't be smarter to use Static Shield the first turn and Mega Shield the second turn?  The alternative of using Unbreable Shield twice would cost 5 more PsP and serve the exact same purpose.

No, You won't have to do Mega Shield until the next turn. You get wait one more turn until you used Mega Shield.

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 18, 2010, 03:27:06 PM
Quote from: Zackirus on August 18, 2010, 03:10:12 PMIt can be useful in more than one situation. It can be used when you have Arman or Malis running behind enemy lines to kill the archers and healers and you don't want to be hurt that badly during the enemues turn. It could also be used for defence as one of your guys might die this turn (Even if he is at full health).
Static Shield is a good move to use when sending assassins behind enemy lines.  It already allows them to take more hits.

Same thing as Before, the one extra turn it provides.

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

Unbreakable shield is useful because in scenarios where you will be surrounded and attacked, you can take zero damage and then will not need to heal the next turn. Also, imagine Set has to attend to two tank units, who are to far away for evern titan shield to reach. He can use Unbreakable shield on Tank A, and cast it one Tank B for the next turn. After two full turns, Tank B is at full health and Tank A has one round of damage. Trying to do this with regular healing just wouldn't work.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Ertxiem

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 17, 2010, 10:18:53 PM
With KZ gone, should Ertxiem formulate Piercing Throw?
That topic isn't locked. As soon as most of the regulars agree with a formulated attack, anyone can post there. As long as things are tidy, everything is OK.

I also think that Stasis Shield is a name too close to Static Shield. People may mix them up if they read too quickly.
What about Diamond Shield (provided it's as hard as a diamond, or in a diamond shape) or Cocoon Shield or even Indestructible Shield. (I'm not crazy about none of my suggestions, though.)

About the usefulness of the Unbreakable Shield, I agree with im2smart4u's arguments. I don't see much use of it. Even if playing a mission like saving Gen. Darkeye.
When way I play TSoG, sometimes I use Set to make a bunch of Static Shields with Luca by his side to feed hum PsP. This way, the experience rises quite fast and soon I'm able to give more health than what the character starts with.
If I was saving Gen. Darkeye, I'm pretty sure a couple of Static Shields would be enough (and more long lasting than a Unbreakable Shield).
I find Set+Luca+Static Shield enough for any character that ventures near a lot of enemies. So I don't see in Unbreakable Shield enough differentiation in results to make it a really useful attack to have in an ally.
However, it would be hard to beat an enemy healer that could use Unbreakable Shield (instead of using Static Shield) in an ally once every few turns. I would like to battle against those!

Cypher and im2smart4u: cool down, please. You're just provoking each other.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Unyeilding Sheild? Set Sheild?